Conquest Aruba and Curacao

critcatny

We will be on the Conquest in October and will be stopping at Aruba and Curacao for the 1st time. We always try to do 1 beach at each new island and just wondered your opinions. I've heard both places don't have the beaches like some other islands (our favorite so far is Horseshoe Bay Beach in Bermuda). What do you think of the beaches on these 2 islands and which if any are the best (clearest water and soft white sand plus bathrooms). Thank you for your help.

When we were in Curacao last year we took a cab to Papagayo. I don't remember if that's the name of the beach or a resort there, but it was wonderful. There is a resort that you can use their infinity pool, the swimming part of the beach is kinda small but quite nice. There was a pontoon/deck you could swim out to to lounge and/or dive into the water. There is another beach area for lounging and we had to rent chairs, but it was fairly cheap about 15 for two chairs (I think) we were given a number to put in the sand by our chairs and had chair side service for food and drinks from a bar that was right there. Food and drinks were reasonably priced too. This beach and this stop was my favorite on the cruise.

In Aruba, there is a very nice beach area with bars and chairs. I'm sorry I don't remember what's it's called but it's a tiny place and any cab driver will find you a good beach.

Edited by decemberpsyche

Prior to our cruise in May on the Conquest, we investigated different beach options for Curacao and Aruba.

Last year in Curacao, we took a shared taxi ($5/person) to Mambo Beach next to the boulevard shops. The beach was beautiful, admission to the beach was $3.50/person and $3 for a lounge chair. There are lots of palm trees lining the beach, there is a Tiki bar, restaurants and restrooms. The sand and water were very clean.

This year, we took a taxi to Blue Bay Beach which was beautiful. We heard that the snorkeling was pretty good at this beach and it was. The only negative was that there were some rocks to navigate over when entering the water. The sea floor slopes gently from the beach and the children were having a great time. There are lounge chairs, palm trees, bar, restaurant, water sports center, restrooms. Blue Bay Beach charges an admission of $8/person. I wouldn't hesitate to go here again, we had a great day.

Last year in Aruba, we booked an excursion with Kukoo Kunuku which was a lot of fun. They stopped at Moomba beach for about 1-1/2 hrs., our excursion included the use of lounge chairs and a drink coupon. There are restrooms, bars and restaurants right on the beach.

This year, we took a shared taxi to Eagle Beach and asked to be dropped off in front of the Amsterdam Manor hotel. Eagle Beach is stunning, the water is clean and clear, sand is soft, you can rent lounge chairs under huge palapas, there is a bar and restaurant right on the beach and showers, changing rooms and restrooms. My daughter and grandson rented jet skis. I did not want to leave. We asked our taxi driver to pick us up at a designated time which he did.

We did Irie Tours West End Tour. They have a website. We went to 5 beaches. I think we had time to swim at 2-3 of them. One of the other stops was a place to cliff jump if you wanted to do so. (We watched.) One other had some caves. The East End beaches are closer to the cruise ships, butI think the west end ones are nicer.

I haven't been to Curacao yet. We will be stopping there on a cruise next Sept. We vacation in Aruba every year, and will be there in six weeks. You can take the public bus to the beach for $2.60 per person, rent some chairs pretty cheaply, or sit on your towel on any of the beaches. You can also take a taxi from the port, which is pretty inexpensive. Palm Beach and Eagle Beach are gorgeous. I really suggest not spending all of your day downtown, near the port. Downtown is very nice, but you will be missing the best of Aruba if you do. The beaches are beautiful sand beaches, with very easy entry.