Celebrity's Tour of Panama - Has anyone taken recently

tbmrt

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/cruiseplanner/category/2002/product/200000000002693473

We usually don't take ship excursions, but since I've read so much about the dangers of Colon, I think we'll bit the bullet, pay the $149 each and use Celebrity for the following Panama Tour.

Would like your opinion on this trip if you have taken it.

Journey through the heartland to discover one of mans most incredible feats of engineering the Panama Canal. Along the way, you’ll meet the Embera Indians of Gatun Lake. This tribe lives as it has for centuries and will provide a lively dance performance steeped in ancient tradition. Then, board a boat for a lake exploration that concludes at the legendary Panama Canal. You’ll watch awestruck as the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans unite before your eyes. CO04

• 2 weeks later...
https://secure.celebritycruises.com/cruiseplanner/category/2002/product/200000000002693473

We usually don't take ship excursions, but since I've read so much about the dangers of Colon, I think we'll bit the bullet, pay the $149 each and use Celebrity for the following Panama Tour.

Would like your opinion on this trip if you have taken it.

Journey through the heartland to discover one of mans most incredible feats of engineering the Panama Canal. Along the way, you’ll meet the Embera Indians of Gatun Lake. This tribe lives as it has for centuries and will provide a lively dance performance steeped in ancient tradition. Then, board a boat for a lake exploration that concludes at the legendary Panama Canal. You’ll watch awestruck as the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans unite before your eyes. CO04

Are you going through the canal on your cruise or only stopping at Colon? Do you want to see the actual locks working ? It seems unclear what exactly you will see on the ship excursion of the locks. The ship excursion to see Imberas and a boat ride on Gatun lake would be fine if that is what you want.

I organized a private tour from Colon when on a Celebrity cruise. We went to Gatun locks

and then Portobelo. Doing a private tour from Colon and walking around the area outside the pier terminal is fine. It is nothing but tourist shops, but free wifi.

Edited by Azulann