CCL stock on fire today

Jimmy Geegitz

Sorry investing to me means taking a long term lposition and not worrying about day to day trading.

Not a good thing to get too emotional about short term trends. Drive yourself crazy.

The market is a different animal today. buy and hold (or pray) does not work like it used to.

Stock price changes mean nothing unless you are buying or selling. :)

Did not realize stock market opened today. I am not buying or selling. But I will raise my stop orders by $2. That translates into $6,000 more geranteed profit.:cool:

Agreed only hold until you think the stock is not worth holding anymore.

Already made our investments back in full in the form of onboard credit for a few hundred CCL shares, in addition to our shares nearly doubling. If the benefit disappears, it may not be worthwhile for us to continue keeping it.

Already made our investments back in full in the form of onboard credit for a few hundred CCL shares, in addition to our shares nearly doubling. If the benefit disappears, it may not be worthwhile for us to continue keeping it.

obc has more than equaled the original cost of the stock and it double from what we paid for it in 2009.

Without benefit would sell in a heartbeat at this price level.

Did not realize stock market opened today. I am not buying or selling. But I will raise my stop orders by $2. That translates into $6,000 more geranteed profit.:cool:

only until Uncle Obama gets his fingers on part of those gains :)

Yep.. oil prices sinking due to opec. Airlines, cruise lines, retail, anything sensitive to the price of oil is jumping. Stocks tied to oil production dropping... lol

A much more significant benefit to all, even if you don't own shares is the lower fuel and heating costs. This has been putting after tax money in my pocket for months now.

These savings benefit a large part of the population.

As far as an investment goes, buying 100 shares when I did paid me a 3% dividend. I still get that 3% on my original investment whether the share price goes up or down. For some time now stocks that pay secure dividends only makes sense. Combined with the tax free OBC I get every time I cruise the stock has pretty much paid for itself.

For anyone that really likes cruising and use CCL ships really should consider consider buying the stock. I agree that if CCL discontinued the OBC program it would change the valuation in the mind of most people. But that isn't going to change this year or likely next, so that means for myself and many others it's an investment that keeps on giving. Of course I also hope that CCL does well because if they do they might raise the dividend. For someone like me who is not a trader that would be more of an inducement to continue holding than if the stock rose a few dollars. Somewhat like Jimmy G. says. :)

Have a great day

and may your cruises be profitable

obc has more than equaled the original cost of the stock and it double from what we paid for it in 2009.

Without benefit would sell in a heartbeat at this price level.

That's what I have been hearing. I talked to several people about stock on my recent cruises. One guy in particular was diamond level and said his obc has been about $5k - he had recently calculated it. He is to the point he cruises for months at a time. Said the 2 week notice gets him sometimes because he will get a cruise offering on the ship.

Anyway - At my age I think it's a wise investment for me. I've only been on 14 cruises to date - but will be cruising more with retirement.

That's what I have been hearing. I talked to several people about stock on my recent cruises. One guy in particular was diamond level and said his obc has been about $5k - he had recently calculated it. He is to the point he cruises for months at a time. Said the 2 week notice gets him sometimes because he will get a cruise offering on the ship.

Anyway - At my age I think it's a wise investment for me. I've only been on 14 cruises to date - but will be cruising more with retirement.

If you cruise often it can be a great investment. However it is at a very high point historically and at this point can just as easily go down as up.

Si if you are just holding a stock you don't want the price to go up.... Interesting.

You can want whatever you want. It just doesn't matter unless you are buying or selling. They call it "unrealized gain" for a reason. Unless you sold when it was up $2 you didn't make $2. Just like if it goes back down $2 next week you won't lose $2. You'll just be back where you started. No loss and no gain.

Now buying GPRO @ $35 and selling it at $90. That's an example of a "realized gain". If you just kept holding on to it you wouldn't have a loss or a gain. Yet.

Edited by travler27

If you cruise often it can be a great investment. However it is at a very high point historically and at this point can just as easily go down as up.

Thanks.

That's what I thought. Several people said it's been above 35 for a while - like a couple of years. That even when the triumph thing happened it didn't even hurt the price. To go ahead and buy. That was in Oct 2014. I haven't ckd it since.