Premier Inn Cancellation

Frank47

We have a booking for the Premier Inn in Southampton and have tried several times to cancel it. Their website is very frustrating. Their booking process is very easy, but not their cancellation process. We have tried everything. We now must either call them or send a letter. Does anyone out there have any ideas?

Lynne

I've never had any issues cancelling on their website. However, as you are, would suggest calling over sending a letter.

How did you book originally? I believe only reservations made online can be cancelled online but not 100% confirm that.

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife

We did book online. When we try to cancel, they ask for our correct phone number. We respond with our phone number, the same one we made our booking with, but they will not accept it. It is an overseas call for us, which we were trying to avoid. Thanks for your thoughts.

Try sending them an email, tweet or a message via Facebook. They should be fairly responsive without having to call them directly.

Is it that you have to enter a phone number to verify yourself as part of the cancellation? Have you tried entering with / without the country code?

Our problem is finally resolved. Went through cancellation process again. Got the same error message saying our phone number was not valid. This time, we erased the phone number completely, leaving the box blank, hit the cancel button, and the cancellation went through. Go figure! Thanks all for your suggestions.

Our problem is finally resolved. Went through cancellation process again. Got the same error message saying our phone number was not valid. This time, we erased the phone number completely, leaving the box blank, hit the cancel button, and the cancellation went through. Go figure! Thanks all for your suggestions.

I am happy you got it sorted in the end, so frustrating over something so silly!

We have a booking for the Premier Inn in Southampton and have tried several times to cancel it. Their website is very frustrating. Their booking process is very easy, but not their cancellation process. We have tried everything. We now must either call them or send a letter. Does anyone out there have any ideas?

Lynne

I see that you've resolved the problem now - so this is just another option for future trips. We stayed at the Meon Valley Marriott for the Xmas & New Year cruise. Although the stay was not 'cheap', it was cost effective - we paid £212.88 for 2 adults Bed, Evening Meal, Breakfast and taxi transfers to/from the Cruise Terminal and up to 28 days free car parking; the cost of port car parking would have been £136 so for only £76 extra we had the luxury of arriving the day before and without the stress of avoiding motorway tailbacks etc on the day of the cruise departure.

I am careful with my money :eek: (OK, I'm basically mean) but I was very happy with the deal - good quality, value and excellent service :D

Lynne

I see that you've resolved the problem now - so this is just another option for future trips. We stayed at the Meon Valley Marriott for the Xmas & New Year cruise. Although the stay was not 'cheap', it was cost effective - we paid £212.88 for 2 adults Bed, Evening Meal, Breakfast and taxi transfers to/from the Cruise Terminal and up to 28 days free car parking; the cost of port car parking would have been £136 (18 nights) so for only £76 extra we had the luxury of arriving the day before and without the stress of avoiding motorway tailbacks etc on the day of the cruise departure.

I am careful with my money :eek: (OK, I'm basically mean) but I was very happy with the deal - good quality, value and excellent service :D