Montreal - earliest airport departure tim

DaveOKC

We are arriving in Montreal on a Saturday morning - 7 AM scheduled time.

What would be the earliest we could catch a flight to the US? Would 10:30 AM work?

Also, how difficult will it be to get a taxi at this port?

I would say it is too early

It is at least 30 min to YUL from the port ..on a good day

you need to be there 2 hrs prior plus you will clear US Immigration before boarding That may take extra time

No guarantee you will be off by 8 am even

Do you feel lucky :D

Lines to go thru security between 7 and 10AM could take more than an hour to clear . 6 to 10AM and 3 to 6pm are rush hour at Montreal airport.

These are the hours that business people fly to get home or to leave for an early meeting. English signage is almost none existent and terminals are poorly marked.

All signage seems to be in french only.

Edited by Kamloops50

Lines to go thru security between 7 and 10AM could take more than an hour to clear . 6 to 10AM and 3 to 6pm are rush hour at Montreal airport.

These are the hours that business people fly to get home or to leave for an early meeting. English signage is almost none existent and terminal are poorly marked.

Dave's flight is on a Saturday morning so the business traveller rush probably wouldn't apply in his case.

However, we'll be flying home home on a Thursday evening on the only non stop flight of the day to my city so we will be in the evening rush hour. Are there ways to skip the lines, like using one's Nexus card or being an Amex cardholder, to get into a shorter security line? Or should we just plan on getting to the airport 3 - 4 hours early for a domestic flight?

Dave's flight is on a Saturday morning so the business traveller rush probably wouldn't apply in his case.

However, we'll be flying home home on a Thursday evening on the only non stop flight of the day to my city so we will be in the evening rush hour. Are there ways to skip the lines, like using one's Nexus card or being an Amex cardholder, to get into a shorter security line? Or should we just plan on getting to the airport 3 - 4 hours early for a domestic flight?

I've told to be careful of the Saturday morning rush. Business people sometimes stay overnight in Montreal overnight to get cheaper flights to home . Also to arrive home at a reasonable hour especially to west coast.

I've told to be careful of the Saturday morning rush. Business people sometimes stay overnight in Montreal overnight to get cheaper flights to home . Also to arrive home at a reasonable hour especially to west coast.

Makes sense; our flight is at 6 pm, landing at 9 pm. I would have preferred an earlier flight, with an earlier arrival time, on the Friday but had to settle for Thursday evening.

We are arriving in Montreal on a Saturday morning - 7 AM scheduled time.

What would be the earliest we could catch a flight to the US? Would 10:30 AM work?

Also, how difficult will it be to get a taxi at this port?

We are in the same boat, literally, and also have a 10:30 flight. Maybe we can share a taxi?

We are arriving in Montreal on a Saturday morning - 7 AM scheduled time.What would be the earliest we could catch a flight to the US? Would 10:30 AM work?

Wish I had found this link before, it details the security process at Montreal where we will preclear US immigration before boarding. It recommends arrive 3 hours prior to flight. Info too late, as I have unrefundable tickets. http://www.admtl.com/en/guide/personal-guide%3Fbase-course%3Ddeparture-international?base-course=42&flight-options=64

We are in the same boat, literally, and also have a 10:30 flight. Maybe we can share a taxi?

dbits - I am actually on a much later flight. I hope you do not mind, but I posted this question in reference to your question on our roll call board (I was trying to be helpful).

Dave

Wish I had found this link before, it details the security process at Montreal where we will preclear US immigration before boarding. It recommends arrive 3 hours prior to flight. Info too late, as I have unrefundable tickets. http://www.admtl.com/en/guide/personal-guide%3Fbase-course%3Ddeparture-international?base-course=42&flight-options=64

The best thing you can do is self disembark as early as possible & get to the airport

Check in the day before online & have boarding passes ready

You may get lucky & get through security quickly

dbits - I am actually on a much later flight. I hope you do not mind, but I posted this question in reference to your question on our roll call board (I was trying to be helpful).

Dave

Yes I finally realized that - duh!! Too much on my mind right now with cataract surgeries. Thanks for doing that.

• 1 month later...

Ss

These are the hours that business people fly to get home or to leave for an early meeting. English signage is almost none existent and terminals are poorly marked.

I agree with most of the above info. If I am going to the States, I try to avoid the rush hours because passing security and pre-clearing US customs can be lengthy. As for the signage it IS both in French and English. I was able to double check this coming back home 2 weeks ago...

I would say it is too early

It is at least 30 min to YUL from the port ..on a good day

you need to be there 2 hrs prior plus you will clear US Immigration before boarding That may take extra time

No guarantee you will be off by 8 am even

Do you feel lucky :D

I guess we were LUCKY. Scheduled to pull in at 7:00, had expedited departure for 7:15. 7:30 finally pulled in, and we were 2nd in line. Took 30 min to get clearance [most likely because of the large number of pax who had become ill with norovirus]. All clear was announced at 8:00AM, but then we had to wait until a 50-man sanitation team came on board to disinfect the ship. 30 min cab ride, because of construction detours downtown. NO lines to check in, go through security of custom clearance. We were very thankful, as neither was up to par yet after getting sick ourselves a few days before that. Thanks Dave for you entry, and the helpful comments. PS having printed the information from the airport's website, really was helpful, as I knew what to expect.

• 2 weeks later...
I guess we were LUCKY. Scheduled to pull in at 7:00, had expedited departure for 7:15. 7:30 finally pulled in, and we were 2nd in line. Took 30 min to get clearance [most likely because of the large number of pax who had become ill with norovirus]. All clear was announced at 8:00AM, but then we had to wait until a 50-man sanitation team came on board to disinfect the ship. 30 min cab ride, because of construction detours downtown. NO lines to check in, go through security of custom clearance. We were very thankful, as neither was up to par yet after getting sick ourselves a few days before that. Thanks Dave for you entry, and the helpful comments. PS having printed the information from the airport's website, really was helpful, as I knew what to expect.

Good to see you were LUCKY. Always nice to see happy endings.

Still, I think a 10:30 flight to the US from Canada is way to early.

Many don't realize that US Customs and Immigration is at YUL airport and you must clear there before boarding your flight. Sometimes it is quick, sometimes not, depends on what level of security clearance the USA is on.

I am glad you made your flight. When I saw that we were late getting into port, I feared that you might not make it.

We were in the last color group off of the ship since we were on a HAL bus and had a late flight. After we got our luggage, we noticed that the taxi line was VERY LONG - all the way back to where we got off of the ship. I wonder how long these people had to wait for a taxi? Getting to our HAL bus was very quick and easy, but it took forever to get through the downtown construction.