Nassau/Half Moon Cay questions

JShan

Looking for some help with an upcoming cruise booked on Carnival Fantasy to Nassau and Half Moon Cay. Any insight from experienced cruisers would be appreciated. Traveling with my daughter who has some physical challenges. She's not wheelchair bound, but can't walk long distances easily. My questions:

1) How long is the walk from the docking spot in Nassau to the meeting place for shore excursions?

2) We're thinking not to do an excursion in Half Moon Cay (private island), just to grab a spot on the beach and swim all day. Is this a good move? Or would you recommend some sort of excursion?

Thanks!

For Nassau it really depends on where the ship docks I have never had a short walk from my ship but some ships get a closer spot...Now for HMC I would grab a spot on the beach and relax can rent a clam shell which gives some shade from sun!! I really enjoyed HMC each time I went the BBQ was amazing!

The walk in Nassau to the shore excursion gathering place can vary by as much as the distance from the gangway to the bow to a five minute walk, depending on which pier your ship is berthed. There really isn't much to do or see without an excursion or a long walk in Nassau.

At Half Moon Cay you tender in, walk through a small shop area and then turn to your left to get to the beach, which is fairly close to the shops. Don't bother with any excursions at HMC. Just enjoy the beach day and barbecue.

If you want to get further from the crowds then stay on the paved path for a while, which will go behind a pirate ship bar and the cabanas. You can turn into the beach from there at several points.