Vision of the Seas Baltic cruise questions?

We are on Vision July 9 sailing. Am I correct only 2 Formal NIghts?

Also is there a White Party or any other specialty nights that we might want to know about?

Thanks.

Royal's guidelines say 2 or 3 formal nights.

Just returned from 12 night Vision Baltic Cruise. There were two formal nights. I believe the second sea day and day 9 also a sea day. No white party that I know of. There was the Quest although a tamer version than I have seen in the Caribbean. There was a concert in the centrum by the captain and some of the crew members near the end of the cruise, that was very good. Any other questions let me know

What was the weather like...especially on sea days???? We are scheduled to go July 21 and I am wondering what kind of clothes to pack for that area of the world. We live in FL where shorts and tank tops are the norm...I'm guessing layers, like Alaska, but would love to hear from someone who has been. Thanks. Linda

Just returned from 12 night Vision Baltic Cruise. There were two formal nights. I believe the second sea day and day 9 also a sea day. No white party that I know of. There was the Quest although a tamer version than I have seen in the Caribbean. There was a concert in the centrum by the captain and some of the crew members near the end of the cruise, that was very good. Any other questions let me know

Oooh - any chance you'll be posting a review of your cruise? I saw your post about St Petersburg as well. We're on the 21 July sailing on Vision, only 11 nights but similar itinerary I imagine.

I was in Helsinki and Tallinn last July and August and the days were sunny and warm (low to mid 70s). Nights were mild, about 60. I took a ferry from Helsinki across the Gulf of Finland to Tallinn and it was warm enough to stand outside on the deck wearing just a short sleeve shirt and shorts.

For a July cruise my advice would be take nothing warmer than a sweater and a sweatshirt. I have to admit, I hate lugging a heavy suitcase around so I prefer to pack light.

In my experience it is the wind coming off the glaciers that makes Alaska cool even in the summer. The areas of the Baltic I have been to did not have glaciers.

We had mostly good weather the first two sea days were around 70, people outside by the pool. The last two sea days were cold and windy no one outside. The only rain day was the second day in St Petersburg, apparently it rains very frequently in St P. Our tour guide said it was not unusual to have 5 rainy days in a row. I would bring a small umbrella (we did) our tour also supplied rain ponchos, but we lucked out because the second day was mostly inside. I will try and write a review in the next day or so

Thanks for the info. I do have a couple of questions you might be able to answer, assuming you had the same itinerary. If you went to Skagen, was there much in the way of taxi service? We are a group of 12 and want to go to Grenen on our own. Any info.?

In Stockholm, did you happen to go to the Vasa Museum? My plan is to head over there first thing and get in line, but I was wondering the best way, either bus or taxi?

May have some more questions. We leave in a week for Amsterdam and are doing a HAL Fjord cruise first. Can't even come close to figuring weather.

We took at tour in Stockholm that included the Vasa museum. It was a Sunday and the weather was beautiful so it was quit busy with a long line, we bypassed the line because we were in a group. We talked to another couple back on the ship, they took a taxis in town I believe they said it cost 50 Euros, but the driver gave them a short tour and met them later and drove them back to the ship. In most ports on this cruise there is a shuttle bus into town but not sure were it drops you in Stockholm. Hope this helps