Kids Sail Free

RichardandHyacinth

Parents don't have to feel guilty about getting away for a week each year without their kids. It is a great time to rest and rejuvenate. Happy parents are good parents.

If only! Childcare for that week away would almost cost as much as bringing them with! Our parents aren't the kind who'd gladly take the kids for us while we have a much needed break. They're too busy enjoying their own stress-free retirement and "have paid their dues" with the hard part. :mad:

You are fortunate that you have that kind of family! Not everyone does.

Edited by Barca-longa

babies are on vacation everyday. They don't pay bills, carpool, clean the house and get road rage. Kids eat, play and sleep. They don't need a getaway. Toddlers aren't going to remember the trip at all.

Though this made me laugh! :p

When does this promotion happen? Following the arrival of twins 5weeks ago , coupled with a 21 month old (who we've cruised with twice) , DW and I are wondering will we ever be able to afford a cruise again :confused

It's happening on Royal Caribbean right now! I sure know that I was dreaming of a cruise when I had a newborn too ;)

Radiance class and Quantum class have family cabins too.

They even have family cabins on Vision class ships. But you need to call to book these, as you need a minimum of 5 people to book. There are only 4 cabins like this, so they book up quickly. However, we ran into a family on our last cruise who booked two connecting OV rooms, and this worked perfectly for them.

To OP - I would definitely look at some of the smaller, older RCI ships as they often do not carry the premium cost you will get with the bigger mega ships. We took Grandeur for our first cruise with our 3 y/o, and he had a blast - between pool, kids club, and just being on the ship. The ship also had a nursery for the under 3 group. The only thing they were missing was a pool for the kids still in diapers (you need to sail on Freedom class or bigger to get this). But, the younger kids do not need all the bells and whistles. :).

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Norwegian is running the KSF promotion too until the 5th of July I think. They say its free for passengers 3-8 sharing the same cabin. So, I'm assuming it would apply on a 5 person cabin. Don't give up hope. It's work, but it's a great experience travelling as a family.

Norwegian is running the KSF promotion too until the 5th of July I think. They say its free for passengers 3-8 sharing the same cabin. So, I'm assuming it would apply on a 5 person cabin. Don't give up hope. It's work, but it's a great experience travelling as a family.

Yep. I just booked ours. We had to cancel the one currently indicated in my sig, but I just booked for two weeks later, same ship. :)

Four people, seven days, base price of around $1,000. Plus $25 OBC. Not too shabby. :)

As a mother of two year old twins traveling can be done cheaply ( even with 5). You have to monitor these type of sales though as they are not offered all the time. Check when it isn't available as well since sometimes the first two people fares can be economical enough that booking more then one room can be cheaper then sharing family style cabins.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

• 4 weeks later...
We've cruised as a family of five with Carnival at very affordable prices. The Dream, Magic, and Breeze have oceanviews for five, and many of the older ships (including the Victory and the renovated Sunshine) allow five in certain inside and oceanview cabins, which can be very cheap even without "kids sale free" promotions (which aren't even always the best deals). You'll be able to save more by sailing when schoolage children are in school.

Did you like the Breeze? We may be switching to her from the Disney Magic due to finances! Our kids will be 15 12 and 7 when we cruise.

NCL has kids sale free now but we need 2 cabins due to hubby's snoring!

If only HAL sailed out of TX or LA...

Or Honolulu, but so few lines do that location of start and finish doesn't really add to our decision making. :( HAL is also throwing in the signature beverage package in explore 4. 15 drinks a day up to $7 per drink. I'm excited. LOL

Holland America has Explore 4 right now. Kids either sail free or steeply discounted.

Have you sailed on Holland with Kids before? How did you like it? Which line is your Fav when it comes to the kids club for younger children? I have 3 year old twins.

Or Honolulu, but so few lines do that location of start and finish doesn't really add to our decision making. :( HAL is also throwing in the signature beverage package in explore 4. 15 drinks a day up to $7 per drink. I'm excited. LOL

Is this promotion still in effect?

Have you sailed on Holland with Kids before? How did you like it? Which line is your Fav when it comes to the kids club for younger children? I have 3 year old twins.

Is this promotion still in effect?

We love Holland America's Club HAL. My girls love it, too. I have 6, 5, and 3 year old girls. Our oldest was 15 months old when she took her first cruise on Holland America and the crew just LOVED doting on her.

Explore 4 is still in effect until the end of October, I believe.