Saguenay fjord

cruise9duo

There wasn't commentary when we sailed from Saguenay in May, on the Maasdam. However, I think there may have been when we were there in 2008, on the Eurodam.

Look for the statue of the Madonna about a third or halfway down the fjord. It will be on the port side as you go to Saguenay and starboard when you leave. That statue is why I'm sure we had commentary as we left in 2008; I wouldn't have known about it otherwise.

Saguenay is one of my favourite ports on the Canada/New England cruise. They're very friendly and welcoming! Make sure you leave the ship soon after docking to experience their welcome.

Lucky you! I've not seen them yet (except in zoos which is not the same).

Well, they were a long way from the ship and you never really see much of a whale anyway, but there were definately white things there and I was surprised how white they are. We saw then as we were coming out of the fjord late afternoon.

• 1 year later...

Can anyone comment on this tour company? www.fjordenligne.com/new-page/english/saguenay-guided-tours/

Itinerary looks good. Did they keep to the schedule? Did the guide give helpfull information? Did the guide speak English with not so strong French accent? (For me, English is a second language, too, and I find it difficult to understand English from people with strong Asian or French accent - plus, my French is very limited).

My port time is 11 AM to 7 PM.

Thanks.

AntjeG...that trip does look interesting! I'm planning on doing the Saguenay Fjord as part of a small ship itinerary that also stops at Baie Comeau, Gaspe, Perce, and Iles de la Madeleine. I've been to Quebec on a larger ship cruise, but am intrigued to see some of the perhaps lesser visited areas.