BAr Harbor Acadia info needed

sunsetme

DH and I used Acadia National Park Tours in Bar Harbor in 2014. During the peak tourist season, they do two tours a day 10 AM and 2 PM. We did the 10 AM tour and it gave us time to poke around town before we had to be back aboard. We went up Cadillac Mountain, saw the Blowhole and several other stops. You are inside an enclosed bus as compared to the open trolley with Oli's. Sometimes it is pretty cool riding in an open vehicle. The tour lasts 2.5-3 hours. You pick up the tour at Testa's Restaurant that is straight up the hill as you get off at the tender dock. It is $30 a person in 2017 according to their website. We really enjoyed the tour and our guide.

What's the best tour of Acadia? Is 2.5 hours enough on Oli's Trolley or should we book something longer? any other tour company recommendations>

Oli's offers a 4 hour tour, but the only difference I could see between that and 2.5 hour tour is there is a stop at or near Jordon Pond area and there are 4 stops of 30 minutes each stop vs 3 stops of 15 minutes each which translate into 75 minutes more stopped time out of a 90 mimute longer tour.

As for open windows on some trolleys, there are roll down plastic windows during inclement weather. Go to Google and do an image search on Oli's Trolley.

Acadia National Park Tour's 2.5-3 hour tour offers the same stops as Oli's plus a stop at Jordon Pond House and 3 stops of 20 minutes each.

You could hire a taxi for a tour.

SBtS

DH and I used Acadia National Park Tours in Bar Harbor in 2014. During the peak tourist season, they do two tours a day 10 AM and 2 PM. We did the 10 AM tour and it gave us time to poke around town before we had to be back aboard. We went up Cadillac Mountain, saw the Blowhole and several other stops. You are inside an enclosed bus as compared to the open trolley with Oli's. Sometimes it is pretty cool riding in an open vehicle. The tour lasts 2.5-3 hours. You pick up the tour at Testa's Restaurant that is straight up the hill as you get off at the tender dock. It is $30 a person in 2017 according to their website. We really enjoyed the tour and our guide.

Im interested in that tour. Would you recommend reserving it in advance or buying the tickets when we get there? It said ticket purchase near the dock but reservations fill up fast so wondering if I should order in advance.

Im interested in that tour. Would you recommend reserving it in advance or buying the tickets when we get there? It said ticket purchase near the dock but reservations fill up fast so wondering if I should order in advance.

Because you are not only competing with other cruise ship passengers for seats, but also, people visiting Bar Harbor on a land vacations, I would recommend a reservation to be certain of a seat on the tour you want.

SBtS

Oli's offers a 4 hour tour, but the only difference I could see between that and 2.5 hour tour is there is a stop at or near Jordon Pond area and there are 4 stops of 30 minutes each stop vs 3 stops of 15 minutes each which translate into 75 minutes more stopped time out of a 90 mimute longer tour.

As for open windows on some trolleys, there are roll down plastic windows during inclement weather. Go to Google and do an image search on Oli's Trolley.

Acadia National Park Tour's 2.5-3 hour tour offers the same stops as Oli's plus a stop at Jordon Pond House and 3 stops of 20 minutes each.

You could hire a taxi for a tour.

SBtS

Are taxi's freely available?