Bermuda 2017 America's Cup Race

renjrusa

We will be there the first week of June during the qualifying.

Will the village be open all day or only during the racing times?

It appears that entry into the village will require tickets. It may be that it will only be open during racing times but I don't know for sure.

https://www.americascup.com/en/tickets_single_post/2_Tickets-Essential-Information.html

We will be there the first week of June during the qualifying.

Will the village be open all day or only during the racing times?

I'm going to be there at the same time. Have you decided on what you are going to do?

Beverly (jack9979)

No, we have not decided yet. The ship is offering an excursion to the village but it seems pricey. As suggested we may just walk over and buy general admission tickets. Charles is correct, the Village will only be open during the racing.

What do you plan to do?

No, we have not decided yet. The ship is offering an excursion to the village but it seems pricey. As suggested we may just walk over and buy general admission tickets. Charles is correct, the Village will only be open during the racing.

What do you plan to do?

Longtails VIP area is sold out on Tues., June 6th, $800 on Wed., June 7th, and not offered on Thu., June 8th.

I'm on NCL Breakaway, and I haven't seen any excursions offered. Right now I'm planning to just walk over an buy tickets on Tues. to scope the place out, and check out the grandstands and Goslings Bar for Wed and Thursday.

Thanks for the information. I think we would just go over on Wed and get general admissions tickets. We are on Celebrity Summit and will be in dock We'd huh rough Friday. Where did you get the information?

Most of the info. was on the official website, but I emailed hospitality@americascup.com to the Longtail Lounge information.

• 2 weeks later...
What excursions is the Celebrity offering for the America's Cup

Beverly (jack9979)

Celebrity is offering tickets to the Village only for $30. Tickets for Signature Event and Village $60. Tickets for Village and Grandstand $80. Tickets for Signature Event, Village and Grandstand $125. No refunds if no race be cause of weather conditions. Also offering Signature Event on a Spectator Boat $299.

Of course if you buy your own tickets it will be less.

Tickets for a spectator boat are from $50 to $200 direct from the America's Cup organization.

I notice several of the boats being used as spectator boats are boats used for snorkeling tours, etc. so none should expect those kind of excursions to be available on event days.

Edited by Charles4515

Tickets for a spectator boat are from $50 to $200 direct from the America's Cup organization.

Sorry, made a typo.....should have been $150 to $200 booking a spectator boat ticket direct.

Celebrity is offering tickets to the Village only for $30. Tickets for Signature Event and Village $60. Tickets for Village and Grandstand $80. Tickets for Signature Event, Village and Grandstand $125. No refunds if no race be cause of weather conditions. Also offering Signature Event on a Spectator Boat $299.

I notice several of the boats being used as spectator boats are boats used for snorkeling tours, etc. so none should expect those kind of excursions to be available on event days.

awesome! So glad I accidentally booked a cruise during this event! NOT!

• 2 weeks later...

fyi:

the new americas cup class boats are foiling cats. watching the match racing is more like going to an f1 race then a sailboat race, a quiet f1 race. and like f1, you go to the event to experience the vibe, you watch it on tv if you want to see it.

I have noticed that the NCL Dawn cruises to Bermuda during america's cup are not selling very well. I wonder if people are afraid of the crowd of people at this time will interfere with their cruise experience. I am booked during this time and am afraid of the same issue.

Laura

This would be our third time on the Dawn and it was refurbished in 2016.....you will love it ! And Boston too!:cool: What are the dates for the Cup? May and June?

ONLY reason we're going on the Dawn. dh wants to see it the full 3 days and he's thrilled to be going. Wishing the Breakaway would have worked. This cruise is just about the destination. Bermuda looks beautiful though!

Laura

This would be our third time on the Dawn and it was refurbished in 2016.....you will love it ! And Boston too!:cool: What are the dates for the Cup? May and June?

End of May, when we'll be there, thru end of June. Forget when it ends. I'm hoping to love it as much as our other cruises. We're mega ship people. This will be very different, but keeping an open mind. I know we probably won't go back on it. Not enough to do for John. But with the Cup, he's excited!

I have noticed that the NCL Dawn cruises to Bermuda during america's cup are not selling very well. I wonder if people are afraid of the crowd of people at this time will interfere with their cruise experience. I am booked during this time and am afraid of the same issue.

I've been watching the prices for Dawn and they have gone down twice this week (the second drop this morning has an inside guarantee at $549). The timing works out perfectly for me as I'll be in Boston and hoping to jump on ship last minute one of the weeks I'm there, but since I'll be going solo, and it's a semi-spur-of-the-moment trip, I'm not willing to pay my usual $4,000 for cruisefare. I actually think the Bermuda's Cup festivities will make it extra fun, but I can see how it would be disappointing for people who booked a trip expecting it to be a calm island vacation. For me, I just want a ride to get somewhere new and don't care if they throw me on the bottom floor and only let me eat buffet leftovers. If the price is cheap enough to justify paying a double fare for one person, I'll be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Some of the Dawn to Bermuda May cruises are not charging a single cruiser double.

How can you tell which sailings don't charge double? Do you have to go all the way through the booking process to see the single rate, or do you have to look on a computer rather than a mobile device?

Nevermind I figured it out. Looks like you just have to go through the booking process to put in the # of guests and then the prices will show up. For the cruise that leaves on Friday (5 days from now) the price has dropped to $399 with no single supplement!! I wish I could go this week, but I won't be there until next month. Thanks for the heads up.

How can you tell which sailings don't charge double? Do you have to go all the way through the booking process to see the single rate, or do you have to look on a computer rather than a mobile device?

• 5 weeks later...
A friend and I bought tickets to be on one of the spectator boats on May 29th. That's our only full day in port for our cruise. Looking forward to seeing the sailboats race by!!! :cool:

Please let me know if Summit starboard side cabin will have good viewing June 24 for the finals!?

Please let me know if Summit starboard side cabin will have good viewing June 24 for the finals!?

There is no way to know if Summit will be docked port side or starboard side on your dates. I don't think though you will see much in your cabin from the sides. If Summit is docked port side the aft cabins will have good viewing. Or the aft decks. If the dock the other way around the forward decks. If you want good viewing your best bet would be to get tickets for the America's Cup Village. I believe you can get those for $10.

There is no way to know if Summit will be docked port side or starboard side on your dates. I don't think though you will see much in your cabin from the sides. If Summit is docked port side the aft cabins will have good viewing. Or the aft decks. If the dock the other way around the forward decks. If you want good viewing your best bet would be to get tickets for the America's Cup Village. I believe you can get those for $10.

From http://www.americascup.com/en/news/2389_Tickets-on-sale-now-for-the-2017-America-s-Cup.html - A range of ticket prices will be on offer, with prices starting at $10 for Bermuda residents and $20 for visitors to Bermuda, and with various further discounts available for Bermuda residents.....

SBtS