Fort Lauderdale to Miami

budman325

I'd use MJS transportation. They're only $13 pp and are very reliable. Look them up on gomjstrans.com

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

trixiegal, did you use them for post cruise transporation back to the airport?

No, because my flights are later in the day so I just book a car to drive around the area and drop-off at FLL. However, I would trust them to be just as efficient and reliable if I needed them post-cruise. Give them a call and you'll see what I mean.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I used MJS this past November to take us from a hotel in Dania Beach (near Ft. Lauderdale) to the pier in Miami. They arrived on time and we had no problems. There was a problem on the return though. When I got off the ship, I sat down outside and called for a pickup. They told me they would be there shortly. At the same time, a woman sat down next to me also waiting for a shuttle. I asked her who she was waiting for and she told me "Jiffy Jeff". Soon, she left and walked over to a van, talked to the driver and got in. I continued to wait. After about 10 minutes, the SAME driver that she talked to called out my name. For some reason, the MJS passengers were on the list with the Jiffy Jeff people. (Is this all one company?). So, we got in. We then drove down to the next ship. The driver then told us that they had too many people now and we would have to get out and get into the shuttle behind us. So, we all got out, got our luggage and moved to the other van. We finally were on our way. Our first stop was the Ft. Lauderdale airport. We let out one couple (actually it was the woman that I first encountered who booked with Jiffy Jeff). Then, the driver asked those remaining (there were 2 parties left) which airlines? We both told him that our arrangements with MJS was to take us to a hotel. He told us that they don't go to hotels on "turn-over" day. We protested and asked him to call his supervisor. After some discussion, he took us to our hotels. Afterwards I wrote to MJS asking about this confusion but never got a reply.

We had a pleasant experience with Jiffy Jeff the last time we used them. However this time we weren't so fortunate and will not be using them again. MJS and Jiffy are all interchangeable as they are friends and share passengers ect to accommodate as many people as possible. I loved the Mercedes Benz vans they use. I need reliable more than a fancy van though.

Has anyone here used Quick Shuttle? Someone from our roll call is using them but I have not heard anything about them.

Has anyone here used Quick Shuttle? Someone from our roll call is using them but I have not heard anything about them.

I do not recall seeing them mentioned on this board - SAS, QLS, MJS and Go Airport are the most often suggested providers for shuttle service between FLL and Miami.

I have seen everyone post different reviews of these shuttle services from FLL to Port of Miami. I agree some can be troublesome. We just got back from a cruise and used Jiffy Jeff Transportation both to and from the airport. This was the third time we have used them in the past two years. They have always been reliable and communicate with us from the moment our plane lands. We have had bad experiences with various companies before that have bad communication but Jiffy Jeff was not one of them. They were prompt, reliable and gave great instructions to be sure to pick us up in a safe and convenient location. The Mercedes van was very nice and clean. Jeff was very knowledgeable and made sure we had an entertaining and enjoyable ride.

All of the prices seem too be similar in the area so we always look for the best in customer service. Jeff seems to be the best at that. I have them booked for our next cruise in October 2015.

I agree I use jiffy Jeff whenever we fly into FFL. His very courteous and timely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This morning on my way to work, I got a flat tire. I called Jiffy Jeff and he was there, on the side of the freeway, picking me up in ten minutes. It was only a five minute ride to work, but he was happy for the business.

Odd, because according to google maps the drive from Fort Lauderdale to the side of the 101 South in my area is 3040 miles and takes 44 hours, but somehow he was there in ten minutes.

Of course I will leave him a positive review, he was there so quick!

Go Shuttle for transportation. We have used them twice with a private car. $80 to a Miami hotel and that includes the tip.

On Friday I used a popular Hotel bidding site to reserve a Downtown Miami Hotel. I bid $105 for a 4 star hotel. This is the second time we have won the Hyatt Regency Miami for this rate. Nice hotel. Easy to walk to the mall that is close and to the bay. Last time it was a $14 cab ride to the ship.

To return from the ship to FLL, we will use SAS transportation. $15 pp. I don't mind a shared van when getting back to the aipport, they fill up fast enough. We have had issues with a shared van leaving the airports. We once spent nearly an hour riding around LAX looking for two people to fill our van.

What Hotel bidding site did you use to get the Hyatt?