Fort Lauderdale to Miami

budman325

Looking towards our March 2014 Epic trip-SAS doesn't pick up before 11am, QLS doesn't pick up for 2 people. We would like to fly into FLL and the cruise out of Miami-I have emailed Carlos no response-any other ideas/suggestions-I know I have alot of time but wonder why folks don't respond.

10 months out is a lot of time to figure out airport to port shuttles. Go Airport Shuttle (http://goairportshuttle.com/) is based inside FLL and offers shuttle services with reasonable prices and good service. Good luck! :)

Edited by JohninDC

• 5 weeks later...

We just returned from a cruise on the Carnival Liberty, and I can't say enough good things about our shuttle service with Jiffy Jeff. We flew into Ft Lauderdale last Saturday morning and I called him when we got our luggage. We waited outside just a couple of minutes and he picked us up in a beautiful, brand new black Mercedes van. He was extremely professional and pointed out a lot of the sights between the FLL airport and the Port of Miami. We arrived at the Port of Miami earlier than I had hoped, stress free, which is a great way to start a vacation! I had booked him for a 9:00 return trip at the end of our cruise, but getting off the ship and going through customs was so easy that we were actually outside before 8:00. Jeff called to check on us, and when I told him that we were already off the ship he came right over to take us back to the FLL airport. We had a different driver this time who was just as courteous and professional as Jeff. Again, another stress free transfer!

I highly recommend this service. They exceeded our expectations and helped us start and end our vacation easy and stress free! Great price and great service - what more can you ask for????

Hello, we are going on our 1st cruise in Dec, leaving Miami. Cheapest flights I have found are from Southwest, but they only fly into Ft Lauderdale, doe anybody have any info on shuttle from Ft Lauderdale to Miami? Also can anyone recommend a nice hotel in Miami that has shuttle service to the ship, we are staying in Miami the night before the cruise.

Last year when we cruise miami but flew into fll, we booked goairportshuttle.com and it was good. That time we had a shared ride, which was cheaper for 2. This cruise it was cheaper for us to get a private car to our hotel.

I have used SAS three times in the last 2 years. Twice I have had troubles. The first time he left us at the port. When I called to ask for our pick up he gave me so much lip about not making a confirmation with him. That I could not just call up for a pick up. They had already left the port for FLL. When I told him I had a confirmation email in my hand he asked all types of questions about it. I did not make it up---I had an email. He asked who emailed me back...Wellllllll... it was Him, the person on the phone! So he did send a van back to us but we had to wait for it to come back from FLL and then we drove around to drop off and pick up from hotels in Miami. When all was done he drove us to FLL. He did get us to FLL but....it took a long time.

The next cruise we did not book a return ride from POM to FLL. We get a rental car and spend the day before our late night flight home. Well this time we got 3 phone calls after our cruise asking where were we??????? He was driving around waiting for us. Again he was upset with me for not being out front. I understand they work hard, have a lot to remember and do us a service but......we work in a service job too. We like to be " Wowed" when we go someplace. We try to give the best service everyday to everyone. I should also get it when I pay good money for a service. So this time we will try MJS Transportation. I will write a review when we are done.

It is: gomjstrans.com

Relax and enjoy life.

We used Jiffy Jeff for our May 25 Breeze cruise. We flew in to FLL, he picked us up before the scheduled time and took us to the Intercontinental in Miami. When we got back from the cruise, he took us to the Westin Beach Resort for our post-cruise stay. He was in contact with us 5 minutes after our early flight arrived. He watches your flights and plans accordingly, very nice! His large Mercedes van is spotless, new and very comfortable and his prices are right in line with the other companies. I went looking for a different transportation company after the one us used in 2011 forgot to pick us up after our cruise. We'll be using Jiffy Jeff in the future!

Edited by ciera123

Whats the best way for one person to get to the hotel in Miami from FLL?

Shared shuttle services from FLL to downtown Miami hotels cost about $15 per person - you may need to wait for the van to get enough passengers. Check with SAS, Go Airport Shuttle (inside the FLL airport) and others often suggested on these boards. A taxi on the same trip will be about $80-85+ :eek:

Good luck! :)

• 3 weeks later...

We just returned from our cruise on the Carnival Liberty. We used Jiffy Jeff Transportation. I cannot say enough about this service. He was right on time. Communication was excellent. He was right there within 10 minutes when we departed the ship. Very reliable. His vans are large and very comfortable. The rates were very affordable. What a nice guy! Thank You Jeff!!!!

Just email him for info.

Jiffy Jeff Transportation <jiffyjefftransportation@gmail.com>

We just returned from our cruise on the Carnival Liberty. We used Jiffy Jeff Transportation. I cannot say enough about this service. He was right on time. Communication was excellent. He was right there within 10 minutes when we departed the ship. Very reliable. His vans are large and very comfortable. The rates were very affordable. What a nice guy! Thank You Jeff!!!!

Just email him for info.

Jiffy Jeff Transportation <jiffyjefftransportation@gmail.com>

Thanks for posting this. We just emailed him for our trip.

• 2 weeks later...

We are thinking of using QLS or Limos of Miami for FLL to Miami.

It would be a private car (with the number in our group probably an SUV.)

The price is about the same.

I have never used either of these companies.

1. Any concerns/issues with either company?

2. If I wanted to stop a Publix (or another store) for a quick 10 minutes, do you ask at time of reservation or just ask the driver after being picked up?

Edited by l2f

We are thinking of using QLS or Limos of Miami for FLL to Miami.

It would be a private car (with the number in our group probably an SUV.)

The price is about the same.

I have never used either of these companies.

1. Any concerns/issues with either company? QLS is often suggested on these boards; I do not recall seeing the other company mentioned - you might also check with Larry's Limos.

2. If I wanted to stop a Publix (or another store) for a quick 10 minutes, do you ask at time of reservation or just ask the driver after being picked up?

I would include the stop in my reservation request - let them know up front about the stop and possible delay. Good luck! :)

I think I accidentally posted this in the wrong section. I don't know about QLS but I just got back from cruising on the Carnival Ecstasy. Before going down to Port Canaveral I stayed in Miami but flew in to Ft. Lauderdale. I used Jiffy Jeff Transportation and had absolutely no trouble at all. There was good communication and the price was good. My friend flew in on a different flight and they had some sort of miscommunication about price and number of people. So, she ended up using a different service when she got there. But everything went according to plan with my travel. I'll be using him again.

We used QLS (quality limo service) on our cruise at the end of June. They were great. they showed up 15 min before we asked them to. They called to let me know that they were there. I was expecting an old conversion van to pick us up but I was one of those luxury vans that I could stand up in. Our group was 9 and I'm 6'2 so it was easy to get in and out of the van.

I did all the research ahead of time and I'm glad that we used them from Ftl to the port. I would use them again. They charged us $11 pp

We flew SW into FLL and had a later arriving flt so decided to stay at a FLL hotel. We used QLS shuttle the next morning and they were great. They have a 9am pick up time. We arrived at POM at 9:40, dropped our bags with the porter and were among the first to enter the port @ 10am. We are not VIP so this was nice.

As far as Miami hotels, Springhill suites downtown Miami- near the Medical Center- is very near the port (3mi away) has a shuttle to the port. They also offer a free shuttle service to the Bayside market place, which is within 2 mi of thier hotel-nice perk-You would have to arrange shuttle service from the port back to FLL airport. Again we used QLS for this and they were in constant contact with us via text and cell phone and hour prior to our scheduled pick-up time.

We also had a bad customer service experience with SAS so decided that there are too many other companies to choose from than to have to deal with " attitude" QLS was very nice and has good people skills and kept in touch with us via our cell the entire time.

:)

Good luck to you.

I traveled solo from Fort Lauderdale to Miami ( round trip ) and I had no problems what so ever. They didn't have any other passengers on the way to Miami so I paid $40 (which is fantastic!!). I had a giant Mercedes van to myself. On the wAy back, it was a shared ride of $15. I didn't even have to wait- he was there waiting for me both times.

Caro.

Service from FFL to our hotel in Miami and pick up from the cruise ship to FFl was super fast and efficient!! Jeff and Jeff remained in constant contact with me and was there to pick us up as soon as we were ready. I would highly recommend them and will definitely be using them again. Our group of 6 was the only one in the van and it was spotless!!

• 1 month later...
Has anyone used http://www.fortlauderdaletransfers.com?

We're looking to go from the Embassy Suites on 17th Street in Fort Lauderdale to the Port of Miami in December.

We'd like to leave early from the hotel-- shared shuttles usually hit that area later than we'd like.

Thanks

QLS starts earlier on their shared ride. I think its 10am. I would definately recommend you check with them.

I have been checking out options for a ride (for 2) from Port Everglades to Miami airport. Most webpages of the companies listed here don't offer this combination 9AT least from what I can find)....

Anybody have any suggestions? Last time we just took the ship transfers (which were fine :) ).

Anyone have experience with "fort lauderdale transportation"? They are quoting 49/two round trip to POM.

Tom

That sounds like a great deal if they deliver -- most of the often suggested providers (SAS, QLS, etc.) start at about $15 per person, so $60+tip r/t for two travelling together.

I have been checking out options for a ride (for 2) from Port Everglades to Miami airport. Most webpages of the companies listed here don't offer this combination 9AT least from what I can find)....

Anybody have any suggestions? Last time we just took the ship transfers (which were fine :) ).

QLS and Go Airport Shuttle should be able to help, as will American Shuttle (based at MIA). You may find the $80+ taxi a better and more convenient deal. The ride takes about 45-50+ minutes (depending upon traffic and day of the week); I would not book a flight before noon if making this trip.

Good luck! :)

QLS transportation (www.qualitylimoservice.com

Go Airport Shuttle (http://goairportshuttle.com/

American Shuttle www.americanshuttle.com

Edited by JohninDC