Fort Lauderdale to Miami

budman325

and there is another one just a few days ago (dec 3rd)

it's good to see that quite a few frequent posters have used jiffy jeff and had a great experience....it's really hard to research all options when every other post is a possible "fake" promoting jiffy jeff. it's on here and on trip advisor too...probably other places as well.

I personally will not use them as the SPAM IS RIDICULOUSLY OUT OF CONTROL! why can't they let their great service speak for itself?

and what is with everyone talking about "jeff picked us up after breakfast" ??? I've read that in multiple reviews from 1 time posters...lots of other canned lines too.

funny how all the new users to cc know exactly where to post a review about them. I've been using this site for at least 5 years and still have trouble locating what I want or using the search box to find specific info.

-----------------------------------------------------

I'm hoping to try mjs. got a quote from qls and was $60+tip, etc for 3 from a hotel 4 miles south of fll airport. checking out what else is around.

anyone have any good suggestions for a town car ride to POM? looking to spend around $100 including tip,tolls,fees.

Exactly why I personally won't use them. They may be a great company, but their tactics of fake reviews are dirty and underhanded. A couple you can write off as legitimate first time posters, but after a dozen or so all with the same grammar and phrasing you start to see what's going on.

I do the same thing with hotel or excursion reviews on tripadvisor. As soon as I see good evidence that you are faking your own reviews, your business is OFF my list - no matter how great of a service or nice of a place you have. It's dishonest and I don't choose to give my business to those who make a practice of dishonesty.

exactly my point!

it's hilarious how (who I can only believe to be jiffy himself at this point) actually replied and still used the same type of phrasing defending the company! guess he doesn't realize he responded with more of the same of what i call spam.

come on jiffy jeff supporters, we need more details on the cruises you've taken and why aren't you joining the roll call for your upcoming trips? you should stick around cc and explore a bit more--have any other recommendations from your ports of call? favorite ships? dinner services? hints on how you debark a ship immediately after breakfast and can get to your ride outside in what seems like 5 minutes?

as for me, I'm probably going with mjs transportation(The cost is $13 p.p. complete. Thanks, Michael) for 3 people from my hotel 4 miles from the fll airport to the POM. I'm guessing that doesn't include tip, but it does include tolls and port access fee that the companies have. it is shared ride and they pick up after 11am.

either that or this guy: I would take all 3 persons for $65.00 total. robert robinson robertorob44@yahoo.com...if i can get him to answer all my questions...that is a private car and all else I wanted to know was does that include tip/tolls/port fee?

anyway, thanks cc'ers for making me not feel like I was the only one that saw all these individual posts that sounded exactly alike!

• 2 weeks later...

We just arrived home yesterday from our cruise. My wife and I had taken a cruise previously, walked out of the cruise terminal hoping to find transportation back to FLL. When we arrived at the curb, pulling our luggage, there was a large black, tall Mercedes van loading passengers and luggage. It was Jiffy Jeff. He asked where we were headed and when we responded FLL he said he was going there too and we were welcome to come along. He gave us the price up front, loaded our luggage and off we went. The van was spotless and we were very impressed with Jeff's professionalism. He gave us his business card and I posted a review on TripAdvisor when we arrived home. That was our first experience with Jiffy Jeff. We booked a last minute cruise this year and contacted Jiffy Jeff again. We were going down a day early and staying in a hotel on Fort Lauderdale Beach. (I wanted to stay SOUTH of FLL, but HotWire didn't really care where I wanted to stay! LOL) I told Jeff where we would be staying and he scheduled us for a noon pickup. We wanted a 10 am pickup, but he could not accommodate us for that time. We asked around at the hotel and prices were at least 50% higher than Jiffy Jeff. I sent Jeff an email and told him if things changed, we could be ready anytime that morning to leave. My cell phone rang at 11 am and Jeff said he could pick us up in a couple minutes. We were READY to go! Right on time, Jeff picked us up and delivered us to the Miami Cruise Port as advertised. We were very happy and indicated as much with a tip for his being so early. On our way home, we were off the cruise ship and in Jeff's van by 7:30. I told my wife it was the quickest we had ever gotten off the ship. Jeff had left us explicit instructions on what to do and he was right there as promised. I have posted a similar review on TripAdvisor again. This is a real post from a real customer. People rave about Jiffy Jeff because he is worth raving about. He has built a solid business where customer satisfaction still comes first. If you'd like more information, message me directly and I'll fill you in. As my profile indicates, we're from Cleveland. We post 'em like we see 'em. Some are good. Some are bad. Jiffy Jeff is EXCELLENT!

-----------------------------------------------------

I'm hoping to try mjs. got a quote from qls and was $60+tip, etc for 3 from a hotel 4 miles south of fll airport. checking out what else is around.

anyone have any good suggestions for a town car ride to POM? looking to spend around $100 including tip,tolls,fees.

You're missing out by not going with Jiffy Jeff. But since you asked, I have used John's Car Service before and he is very good as well. We had a group of 6 and he picked us up in a Lincoln Town Car at FLL and delivered us to POM for $95 dollars. That was probably 3 years ago. But John was also very good and I would recommend him. He's a transplanted New York City chef. Very personable.

Edited by Tinslinger

My husband and I went on our first cruise on the Carnival Breeze on 12/15/2013. We flew out of FLL and when looking for a car service to take us to the airport I researched a few different services and settled on Jiffy Jeff. I am not a frequent poster (this is my first), but I do rely on the comments of others to often make a decision based on their experiences and I was so pleased with the service, I had to post this. The van was clean and extremely comfortable. Every seat was full and even with that the ride was pleasant. I highly recommend Jiffy Jeff to anyone and we will be using them again when in the area.

Hello all!

Just getting ready for a B2B on the GLORY which sails on 1/12/14. Just got back from eight days on the BREEZE the first of the month. We have used SAS several times without incident and their price at $15 pp is very reasonable. I have booked him for the return trip from POM to FLL. I still need transportation from FLL to a South Beach hotel. Steve (SAS) no longer services these hotels. We used Jiffy Jeff for the BREEZE and I can say his service and equipment are 1st class! My wife and I were in a Benz Sprinter each time. On the way down we had a guy driving that had been in the area for many years and it was quite a guided tour unlike having a driver that speaks very little English. We paid the $54 minimum since we were the only two in the van on the way down. Normally it would be $18 PP for more than three people. It was $60 total for the return trip since we were going to a FLL beach hotel for the night. Not sure why the price increase for the return trip, but great service none the less. By the way.... all these companies work together since sometimes one company may be too busy to handle all their passengers. In closing, I hope my grammar is ok! :cool:

Gary

We booked with Go Shuttle . We took them in Feb this year. WE rented the town car. Worst service I have ever used. They had the worst customer service too. The driver wouldn't listen how to get to the hotel. WEnt ride by it. He smashed our suitcases in the town. We have Aluminum ones. He was a total idiot. I called an sent them pics. They were brand new. One had been used once. They were very shifty with prices on town cars. Different than we were quoted on phone. Never got any help. Told us they would take charge. When we got there , cash only. Couldn't get a recipt or said he didn't understand. Didn't understand his name. I would never use them again. Use the companies that appreciate you. Does anyone have the number for Jeff ? We are going again soon. Sure as heck wont use this place again. We have taken many town cars on our cruises. Never have I seen one place this many games. I would walk before I took these people again. I called and talked to Robyn half a dozen times. Never got any results. They just don't care.

I HAVE never used him. I called today. He called me back within 15 minutes. Very nice on the phone. I will try him this time next month. We do 2 cruises a year. He has to be better than the ones we did Last cruise. I am not a phony and would never recommend GO Shuttle unless I hated you. Worst service I have ever done. I am not a Beginner cruiser..

I will post my reviews next month on the board. I am honest and don't lie. Would rather work with small companies that jerks that don't care.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Our party of 9 people, with a TON of luggage, just returned back from a trip on the Liberty. We all flew into Ft. Lauderdale and used Jiffy Jeff to get to the port of Miami and then also used them for the return trip back to the airport. They were very prompt, their communication was awesome, and the price was just right. We really liked their vehicles… Mercedes Vans with plenty of space in the back for all the luggage (no yucky U-Haul trailer hitched to the back) and lots of headroom and space to feel comfortable. I definitely recommend them.

• 1 month later...

We just returned from our Carnival cruise a few hours ago (Glory). Flying from the Midwest, we saved quite a bit of money for the nine of us to fly in and out of FLL instead of MIA - however, our cruise sailed from the Port of Miami.

I booked each way with Jiffy Jeff. Absolutely first-rate experience. Highly communicative before and during the trip. Jeff picked us up at FLL very late-night last Saturday and drove us to our hotel in Miami (La Quinta Airport). Very nice guy and a fabulous Mercedes van for the nine of us and our luggage. Very comfortable and safe.

When the cruise was over and we disembarked, both Jeff and Jeremy were at the Port of Miami for pre-arranged cruise customers. This time Jeremy was our driver in a different, but equally nice Mercedes van. These vans are more like a bus (high ceilings, 14-passengers plus driver), with lots of luggage space in rear of van. They are probably the nicest shuttles I've ever ridden in.

Both Jeff and Jeremy were very personable and easy to deal with. I highly recommend Jiffy Jeff Transportation. By flying in and out of FLL, and even after paying Jiffy Jeff for transfers to and from the Port of Miami, we still saved close to $2000 for our group. We'll definitely look at this option again, and we'll definitely call Jiffy Jeff next time we need South Florida group transportation.

Thanks for the review! I am curious - why did you stay at the La Quinta MIA instead of staying near FLL and taking the shuttle to POM the next morning? :confused:

Yours is another in a long string of positive reviews for this shuttle service from 1st time posters (most of whom are never heard from again, making me suspicious that it's actually the drivers doing the posting :mad:) -- are they encouraging passengers to post reviews? :confused:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We used Jiffy Jeff Transportation and they were amazing. They have nice Mercedes Vans that are comfortable and got us there quick. Picked us up at our hotel on time and picked us up from the port on time when we got back and got us right to the airport. $15 per person each way. Excellent service. Would definitely use them again. http://www.gojiffyjeff.com

My wife and I got a good price on a flight into Ft. Lauderdale for a cruise leaving from the port of Miami. After reading several reviews, I googled Jiffy Jeff and sent an e-mail with our itinerary. Jeff called within the day and we made reservations for both ends of the trip. Jeff knew when we were landing and called shortly after, told us where to meet him, and we got right on the van and headed off. Had us and other passengers to the Miami Port in 20 minutes. Dropped everybody off at there appropriate departure point, told them how to get to their ship, and gave instructions to those using his service on their way back to FLL.

We simply called when we were ready to disembark, we knew where to go, but as it happened we could see he and his van from our stateroom's balcony so we waved as he told us to come on down. Once again jumped on the van and headed to FLL making the trip in the same 20 min.

As other have commented, nice roomy, clean Mercedes vans. They communicated quickly and reliably and took care to keep track of, and coordinate all of their passengers. Both ways went without a hitch. It really couldn't have been any better. $15 as opposed to the $30 per person each way that the Cruiselines shuttles charged, and much quicker I'm sure. In our experience, the best deal going and we would highly recommend them.

Yours is another in a long string of positive reviews for this shuttle service from 1st time posters (most of whom are never heard from again, making me suspicious that it's actually the drivers doing the posting :mad:) -- are they encouraging passengers to post reviews? :confused:

I just posted a very positive review of Jiffy Jeff's service and I assure you that my post is genuine and I am not them. This is my second post here (1st a review of the Epic) and I may indeed not post again. At the very least not until another cruise, which will be more than a year off.

There are so many reviews that I find it implausable that they would be doing that many themselves. I think they get positive reviews because they're service is unexpectedly good. Do they encourage passengers to post? As many travel services (tours, hotels, Cruiselines and the rest) do, they did ask politely for honest feedback. I don't see anything wrong with that; I'm curious if you do, and why? They did not offer anything in return if that is part of your suspicion. I could as easily assume that your are a competitor, does that seem fair?

Everyone on both of our rides seemed more than satisfied, and I would guess some took the time to post. Check other sources as I did (TripAdvisor, Yelp, etc.) as I did and you'll find similar responses. No offense intended, I simply hope that you and others will at least get some reassurance from my reply.

We used Jiffy Jeff and he was on time for pick up and delivery on our way to the cruise and our way from the cruise. We had both Jeff and one of his employees for this. Both were exceptional. Their prices were reasonable and their vehicles were top notch. It was smooth sailing and I will definitely use them again:)

For past cruises from the Port of Miami we (2 of us) have always flown out of Miami; however, this time we need to fly out of Fort Lauderdale Airport. We have never pre booked post-cruise transportation. I have always just walked out, and there is always people trying to get you to take their shuttle. In the past, I've only had to go to Miami Airport and had no issues grabbing a shuttle.

If I do not pre-book post-cruise transportation... does anyone have any experience just walking off the ship and the availability to get a shuttle to Fort Lauderdale Airport? Any advise / experience with this would be appreciated!

Thanks!

For past cruises from the Port of Miami we (2 of us) have always flown out of Miami; however, this time we need to fly out of Fort Lauderdale Airport. We have never pre booked post-cruise transportation. I have always just walked out, and there is always people trying to get you to take their shuttle. In the past, I've only had to go to Miami Airport and had no issues grabbing a shuttle.

If I do not pre-book post-cruise transportation... does anyone have any experience just walking off the ship and the availability to get a shuttle to Fort Lauderdale Airport? Any advise / experience with this would be appreciated!

Thanks!

There are shuttles "trolling" for customers, but the drive from POM to FLL takes 40-45+ minutes and there have been some horror stories posted on this board. IMHO, and based upon past experience, you are better off pre-booking your transportation -- usually you can communicate with the driver as you are leaving the ship -- it is more reliable, usually faster to load, and cheaper; typical fares start at $15 per person.

• 2 weeks later...

Reading this post and wondering what people might use for transport from FLLto Miami hotel when our flight doesn't land until 5:45 pm. I've looked at SAS & others but they all say the flight needs to arrive by like 1pm. Suggestions?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Reading this post and wondering what people might use for transport from FLLto Miami hotel when our flight doesn't land until 5:45 pm. I've looked at SAS & others but they all say the flight needs to arrive by like 1pm. Suggestions?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Go airport shuttle (based inside of the FLL airport) will run late to Miami, but you will pay more than the bargain $15/per person rate. :( A taxi from FLL to downtown Miami (assuming that is where your hotel is located :confused:) will run on the meter about $80. I would also check with QLS (quality limo service) and MJS Shuttle. You could also look at a one-way car rental, but be warned that most Miami hotels charge their guests $25+/day for parking. :eek:

• 1 month later...
There are shuttles "trolling" for customers, but the drive from POM to FLL takes 40-45+ minutes and there have been some horror stories posted on this board. IMHO, and based upon past experience, you are better off pre-booking your transportation -- usually you can communicate with the driver as you are leaving the ship -- it is more reliable, usually faster to load, and cheaper; typical fares start at $15 per person.

If you pre-book post transporation back to FLL airport how do you know approximately what time? We are cruising for the first time out of Miami and not sure how long it will take us to get off the ship. We usually just walk off with our luggage at other ports. We were thinking maybe just grabbing a taxi van since there was 4 of us. That way we could leave immediately. I thought I had read that it would run around $80.