Fort Lauderdale to Miami

budman325

QLS and Go Airport Shuttle should be able to help, as will American Shuttle (based at MIA). You may find the $80+ taxi a better and more convenient deal. The ride takes about 45-50+ minutes (depending upon traffic and day of the week); I would not book a flight before noon if making this trip.

Good luck! :)

QLS transportation (www.qualitylimoservice.com

Go Airport Shuttle (http://goairportshuttle.com/

American Shuttle www.americanshuttle.com

Thanks for the info. Our flight is at 2:15 so time *shouldn't* be a problem.

That sounds like a great deal if they deliver -- most of the often suggested providers (SAS, QLS, etc.) start at about $15 per person, so $60+tip r/t for two travelling together.

I agree about reliability. Can't find any confirmation by previous users. I think maybe their name is "easy express"

Now it is $88 for four? Please anybody used them?

I do not recall seeing them mentioned on this board - have you checked Trip Advisor reviews? :confused:

$88 for 4 r/t is undercutting the rest of the FLL area shuttle providers who would normally charge $110-120+ r/t for 4 from FLL to POM - maybe he's already got 4 other passengers who are covering his costs and you 4 are his profit? :confused: If they are not insisting on payment up front, etc. I might try them -- or I might pay slightly more (the difference works out to about 1 DOD per person :rolleyes:) for more reliable and established service providers (who do not always bat 1.000 :().

Your call! :)

I will NEVER reccommend SAS. They left us stranded in when we had a confirmed reservation with them. They are NOT reliable.

I agree. We used them last year. I confirmed 2 days prior. We waited outside our hotel and after waiting 20 minutes I called them. They had no record of us. They did swing by and picked us up. I reconfirmed our pu after our cruise. Again we were told t hey had no record.

Will not use them in the future.

I agree. We used them last year. I confirmed 2 days prior. We waited outside our hotel and after waiting 20 minutes I called them. They had no record of us. They did swing by and picked us up. I reconfirmed our pu after our cruise. Again we were told t hey had no record.

Will not use them in the future.

Hmmmm....

I had planned on using SAS in November because their pricing is great. But after reading these type of posts, maybe I'll go with Limos of Miami or QLS instead. I do not have the temperament to deal with unreliable shuttle transportation.

QLS starts earlier on their shared ride. I think its 10am. I would definately recommend you check with them.

Tried QLS last year--they said (via phone) that the Embassy Suites on 17th Street was outside their area of pickup in Fort Lauderdale.

Has anyone tried www.fortlauderdaletransfers.com?----As far as I can tell, they service 17th Street

Thanks

Edited by NHNEV2003

We booked through travel agents before but this time i decided to do it on my own, maybe save a little money.. Gotta admit it was alot of work but one part that wasn't was our decision to book Jiffy Jeff transportation from FLL to the pier to board our ship, He met us right out front, helped with our bags, we were on our way to the pier in style no less, the van was new, clean, and comfy. We were also the only ones in the van so we were able to chat with Jeff to get some much needed pointers.Same on the way back, called him and he was already there, Nice cozy ride to the airport, So worth the value, We are planning more trips and will use him every time we get the chance.... JIFFY JEFF is a class act...USE HIM...

We booked through travel agents before but this time i decided to do it on my own, maybe save a little money.. Gotta admit it was alot of work but one part that wasn't was our decision to book Jiffy Jeff transportation from FLL to the pier to board our ship, He met us right out front, helped with our bags, we were on our way to the pier in style no less, the van was new, clean, and comfy. We were also the only ones in the van so we were able to chat with Jeff to get some much needed pointers.Same on the way back, called him and he was already there, Nice cozy ride to the airport, So worth the value, We are planning more trips and will use him every time we get the chance.... JIFFY JEFF is a class act...USE HIM...

Don't know about this post, just signed up yesterday and touts a ride, first post.

I've seen several first time posters gushing profusely about jiffy Jeff. Makes me suspicious:mad:

Don't know about this post, just signed up yesterday and touts a ride, first post.

I've seen several first time posters gushing profusely about jiffy Jeff. Makes me suspicious:mad:

Me, too. I don't get why they keep posting these confusing, grammatically challenged messages. They are spamming this thread. I have no desire to use a company that unprofessional.

We just did a shared shuttle in FLL a couple weeks ago. I decided not to hassle with pre-booking and just used the Go shuttle that's the airport vendor. It was $23pp for a shared ride to a downtown Miami hotel for us. Bonus was a free "tour" of South Beach while we dropped off other riders at various hotels there before we were dropped off downtown.

I don't like the upfront fees now required by some of the independent operators or the conditions that if your flight is late you aren't guaranteed a ride (or a refund!) Jiffy Jeff is off my list for the fake review tactics here and SAS stood up some members of our group a few years ago. For a few extra $$, it was just as easy to grab the shuttle out front. I think we could have done a private town car for $75 total.

• 1 month later...

Just used Jiffy Jeff on November 7 from Miami cruise port to FLL.

The reason Jiffy Jeff gets all these glowing reviews is because he cares about his customers. After we booked a ride with Jiffy Jeff (which was flawless, fun and very comfortable in a nice Mercedes Sprinter van), we got a nice "thank you" email from Jeff asking for reviews on this thread. I'm more than happy to oblige - Jiffy Jeff is indeed Jiffy and very reasonably priced. And you can see I'm not a first time poster! Jiffy Jeff deserves all the accolades, IMHO.

Edited by Howie999

I used Jiffy Jeff for transport on Nov 10th from Fort Lauderdale cruise port to Miami cruiseport. It was a shared ride in a Mercedes van. I received a call from Jeff while still onboard having breakfast letting me know he was outside. Kept in constant communication until I boarded. I used him again on Nov 11th for transport from Miami pier to Fort Lauderdale airport. Because I had an early flight, agreed to pay the 3rd person rate for just 2 of us. As it turned out, others needed transport so was only charged the shared rate. Fast, considerate and realiable service. I would both recommend and use them again.

How do you know the posts were "fake??" Please explain.

There have been several glowing reviews posted by some who have never posted before, and have never posted again. Sure sounds to me like someone (driver, etc.) was creating an account just to post a possibly/probably fake review.

For anyone needing shuttle service out of Ft Lauderdale to or from the port use Jiffy Jeff Transportation. They were so professional and responded immediately whenever I emailed or called with questions. They have large shuttles with plenty if luggage space. We were a large party of 12 and they had no problems handling all our luggage.

For anyone needing shuttle service out of Ft Lauderdale to or from the port use Jiffy Jeff Transportation. They were so professional and responded immediately whenever I emailed or called with questions. They have large shuttles with plenty if luggage space. We were a large party of 12 and they had no problems handling all our luggage.

Originally Posted by Go-Bucks! viewpost.gif

There have been several glowing reviews posted by some who have never posted before, and have never posted again. Sure sounds to me like someone (driver, etc.) was creating an account just to post a possibly/probably fake review.

Like I said. :o

• 3 weeks later...

Just used Jiffy Jeff on our 11 Night NCL Sun cruise on Nov. 20th. He provided excellent service. I highly recommend him and would book him again in a flash.

I have used SAS and QLS in the past. While Those companies provided good service, I feel Jeff's service and vehicles were a step above. Also, he provided us with transportation after the cruise to our hotel without any issues. SAS will only return you to the airport, and QLS charges extra if your hotel isn't an "airport" hotel. Jeff happily brought us to our hotel without an extra up-charge.

People that bash a company just because they are newer to the area are missing out. I'd much rather travel in Jiffy Jeff's larger Mercedes vans than be packed into a regular van pulling a trailer.

Edited by Tralynn

Just used Jiffy Jeff on our 11 Night NCL Sun cruise on Nov. 20th. He provided excellent service. I highly recommend him and would book him again in a flash.

I have used SAS and QLS in the past. While Those companies provided good service, I feel Jeff's service and vehicles were a step above. Also, he provided us with transportation after the cruise to our hotel without any issues. SAS will only return you to the airport, and QLS charges extra if your hotel isn't an "airport" hotel. Jeff happily brought us to our hotel without an extra up-charge.

People that bash a company just because they are newer to the area are missing out. I'd much rather travel in Jiffy Jeff's larger Mercedes vans than be packed into a regular van pulling a trailer.

Thanks for the detailed and informative review.

I did a lot of checking around and decided on using Jiffy Jeff after calling and speaking with Jeff directly.

We stayed in Ft. Lauderdale beach hotel and was picked up with no issues around 11:30 by Jeremy in a nice silver Mercedes sprinter van. Jeremy was very nice and answered all our questions about the area and cruising out of Miami.

Jeff picked us up after our breakfast and had us up to FLL airport in no time. Jeff was very nice to talk with and told us about being a newer business.

He asked that we share our thoughts on our experience here and a few other sites and to let our friends know.

Definitely will use Jiffy Jeff again in the future!!!

Like I said. :o

and there is another one just a few days ago (dec 3rd)

it's good to see that quite a few frequent posters have used jiffy jeff and had a great experience....it's really hard to research all options when every other post is a possible "fake" promoting jiffy jeff. it's on here and on trip advisor too...probably other places as well.

I personally will not use them as the SPAM IS RIDICULOUSLY OUT OF CONTROL! why can't they let their great service speak for itself?

and what is with everyone talking about "jeff picked us up after breakfast" ??? I've read that in multiple reviews from 1 time posters...lots of other canned lines too.

funny how all the new users to cc know exactly where to post a review about them. I've been using this site for at least 5 years and still have trouble locating what I want or using the search box to find specific info.

-----------------------------------------------------

I'm hoping to try mjs. got a quote from qls and was $60+tip, etc for 3 from a hotel 4 miles south of fll airport. checking out what else is around.

anyone have any good suggestions for a town car ride to POM? looking to spend around $100 including tip,tolls,fees.

Just a couple thoughts...

Maybe some of us are new to Cruise Critic and have never had a reason to post before.

Some of us may not travel as much as others, so we don't post as often or ever again.

Generally when you go on a cruise they give you breakfast prior to disembarking. Jeff's team will then pick you up when you are done eating, have your bags, and made it through customs.

As for canned lines maybe some people agree with each other and just happen to use similar wording.

As for the "SPAM", Jeff did in person and with a follow up email ask us to rate and post comments about Jiffy Jeff's service...good or bad.

You can call and speak directly to Jeff for quotes or any questions/concerns which put my mind at ease.

Again, he is just a small business owner trying to make it against the big companies...living the American dream.

We are fortunate enough to take another trip in March and will be using Jiffy Jeff again.

Edited by indytester

We used Fort Lauderdale Transfers to and from the Port of Miami from Fort Lauderdale:

Sunday,December 1st from the Embassy Suites,17th Street--scheduled a pickup for 9:30AM-- driver was right on time for trip to Miami; trip to Miami was uneventful, dropped off luggage, and waited in line about 25 minutes to get into the building.

Sunday,December 8th from the Carnival Conquest to the Hilton Marina Fort Lauderdale on 17th Street----had scheduled a pickup for 10:00AM but actually were off the ship and through Customs by 8:30. I called the Customer Service # to see if they could get us early-- had a van picking up four people right now and got us into that van.

The price was $60 for two people for each trip-- maybe a little more than some of the others here, but we were able to get a vehicle to and from the 17th Street hotels at the time we wanted, and that's important to us.

We will use them again for future cruises.

Thanks

Sent From My IPad