Britannia aft cabins

SueFrankuk

I thought I had already posted this but cannot see it on line so excuse me if I am repeating myself, we have just booked D737, never had a wake view balcony as it is impossible to get one on Princess they are booked out so soon, just wondered if anyone else has had this cabin or similar it seems the bathrooms are tiny but just wondered if the balconies are just as small, also is the buffet as amazing as on the Royal and do they have the wonderful big sofas in the sunset bar, I hope so.

Happy sailing

Sue

The balconies looked lovely when we looked over the aft but that is all we could see. We were really taken on with the buffet on Britannia. In our opinion the best we have ever had on a ship and we had quite a few evening meals there, something we wouldn't do on any other ships.:cool:

I thought I had already posted this but cannot see it on line so excuse me if I am repeating myself, we have just booked D737, never had a wake view balcony as it is impossible to get one on Princess they are booked out so soon, just wondered if anyone else has had this cabin or similar it seems the bathrooms are tiny but just wondered if the balconies are just as small, also is the buffet as amazing as on the Royal and do they have the wonderful big sofas in the sunset bar, I hope so.

Happy sailing

Sue

Hello Sue,

I don't know if you have already seen it, but here's a link to my photo album of my day visit on Britannia in May this year.

You will see there are lots of photos of the aft of the ship, so hopefully, this will give you an idea of the size of your balcony.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskaMpBD2

Joan

Thanks for these photos, they are superb! They almost make me want to book on Britannia even though I've always felt it was too big since I saw her the day before the naming, as I boarded Oceana.

Just watch out for all the soot!! Loved our aft cabin in April but just returned from the Canaries and were plagued with lumps of soot! the buffet was superb, Lots of choice. We actually preferred to eat up there in the Horizon most nights. Try the Beach House which has a cover charge of £5.Amazing!

Just watch out for all the soot!! Loved our aft cabin in April but just returned from the Canaries and were plagued with lumps of soot! the buffet was superb, Lots of choice. We actually preferred to eat up there in the Horizon most nights. Try the Beach House which has a cover charge of £5.Amazing!

I had heard about the soot problem. My understanding is that it doesn't happen all the time:confused:

it didn't seem to be a problem in april but this last cruise it was every day. Some days the balcony was literally covered in large black plaques of soot which got everywhere. I only wore a black costume during the sea days and sat on a towel. This time we were on C deck as opposed to E deck so perhaps it was worse being higher up?

it didn't seem to be a problem in april but this last cruise it was every day. Some days the balcony was literally covered in large black plaques of soot which got everywhere. I only wore a black costume during the sea days and sat on a towel. This time we were on C deck as opposed to E deck so perhaps it was worse being higher up?

Thats a shame. Maybe that is the reason, the higher up you are.