ROME TO SORRENTO help needed.

vinonme2

My grown granddaughter and I will be flying to Italy next summer for a land and cruise vacation.

Has anyone had any experience or know the best way to get from the Rome airport to Sorrento?

Is there an express bus or shuttle from Rome to Naples?

We'll be having several pieces of luggage so I don't think a train would be a good option.

After Sorrento, I'm planning on getting back to Naples (have done that express bus previously and it's excellent) and then flying to Venice. We'll spend a few days there before boarding our ship.

Really appreciate any help!

Tried several times to log onto http://www.marozzivt.it/script/bigli...pobigl=marozzi, but no luck.

As I mentioned in my post, we don't want to do the train.

There must be a way to get us where we want to go, so I'm going to keep at it, but would really appreciate any other suggestions or help.

I did look up air (Delta) from the US to Rome, then Naples, then to Venice, etc. but at almost $3,000. each, that's really steep. There has got to be a more economical way!

Try a one stop flight on aer lingus. NYC Dublin Rome is around $1000 but why don't you just fly to Naples? Ferry or private driver to sorrento from there.

However the bus from Rome sounds promising

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by luvtheships

Why are you struggling with the bus company web site? Even if you could purchase tickets this far in advance (you can't), why would you?

It sounds like you're going to be in Rome for a few days before heading south to Sorrento, you can buy your tickets at any time while in town.

There must be a way to get us where we want to go, (...) There has got to be a more economical way!

There is: it's the train. I know it's not what you want to hear, but really, all of this would be a lot simpler (including the Naples to Venice part) by train.

Of course, to do this, you will have to cut down on the 'several pieces of luggage'. Really, packing light is liberating!

Why are you struggling with the bus company web site? Even if you could purchase tickets this far in advance (you can't), why would you?

It sounds like you're going to be in Rome for a few days before heading south to Sorrento, you can buy your tickets at any time while in town.

I think the OP is just trying to confirm that this is an option.

I think the OP is just trying to confirm that this is an option.

Thank you 2pbears, yes, I am just trying to consider all options.

And to some of you others who replied... what works for you may not be something someone else would care to do but for some reason, you can not accept this.

I very rarely post on CC because of the rude and inconsiderate replies that are too often given. Some of you need lessons in manners and how to be considerate of others.

I'll find my way.

And to some of you others who replied... what works for you may not be something someone else would care to do but for some reason, you can not accept this.

I very rarely post on CC because of the rude and inconsiderate replies that are too often given. Some of you need lessons in manners and how to be considerate of others.

I'll find my way.

Ouch! Not a nice thing to say to those that are simply trying to help you with all the options. Flying within Italy would probably be our last choice (although we have flown from Rome to Brindisi when necessary) because of all the complications with intra-European flights. The European skies are very crowded and delays are all too common. Then you have to consider the time and expense getting to and from various airports (while train stations are usually conveniently located within the cities), allowing at least 1-2 hours for the laborious check-in procedures, the fees and risks of checking luggage, the waits to retrieve luggage after flights (which can easily run to an hour).

Personally, DW and I prefer to do a majority of our internal Italy travel with our own rental car, but we do understand that many do not want to drive in Italy.

But getting from Rome to VCE by air is interesting. Consider that the fastest flights (non-stops) take a little over an hour in the air. Add to that hour the time it takes to get to the airport, 1 1/2 hours of check-in waiting time, 45 min to exit the flight and retrieve your luggage at VCE, at least another 30 min to get into Venice (Piazale Roma) and you have now spent at least 4:00 hours (assuming there are no delays) which happens to be longer then the reliable train. And we would add that trains are a lot more comfy then the planes :)

Hank

I'll find my way.

Oh sheesh

Have fun finding your way but I really have to suggest that you probably want to cut down on the several pieces of luggage you say you will be taking

Sent from my iPhone using Forums