RCCL Quantum

mrobstad

Thanks! I hear they priced them awfully!

Yes they are priced at a hefty premium which is to be expected because it's a new ship in its inaugural season. On the other hand, I don't see any indication there will be a private lounge for solo travelers or dedicated host like NCL has on Epic/Breakway/Getaway or many bar/lounges outdoors. Nearly all bar lounges are indoors.

Edited by kylenyc

I was pricing out the sister ship Anthem for 2016 (April)- waiting for later.

I am wondering if I should stick to NCL.

The RCCL's are a lot pricier. One advantage would be on a 10 day I would be able to get to the carribbean without flying and I would just get a ride to Bayonne and not stay in NYC overnight as a partial savings.

Howard, I'll stick with NCL until the RCCL prices become more realistic! And the lack of a lounge and dedicated cruise director is a big negative, too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I totally agree- also another point I am wondering (which I might pose as a topic) is are there more solos on a 7 day than a 10/12 day cruise?

For now I am sticking with NCL as the last 2 worked well for me.

I am looking at the Escape once features are announced

It's a good question, Howard, but educators typically only have a week off, other than the summer, though as a principal, that's true for me in the summer, too,

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I found a nice 10 night Anthem in April 2016(but it is too early in the month for me to go- would be the 6th workday and I typically to be on the safe side need to be there the first 8) that goes Friday to Monday from Bayonne.

I am going to be on the lookout for this in the middle of the month as it would totally work for me- I could imagine with 4 weekend nights and 7 vacation days needed it works for others as well.

Just the idea of getting to these islands from NJ vs. sitting around in Florida early would be worth the extra costs.