Travel Insurance Question~Advise

I have a back to back cruise booked for November. I did not book both cruises at the same times. I need to buy travel insurance but I'm not sure if I should buy two policies or one? Any advice? Pros? Cons?

If you use 3rd partry insurance (not Royal), you can buy one policy. If you use Royal, you pay for both cruises separately.

I would definitely look at a third party option for the reason mentioned above. A little unsolicited commentary: I rarely if ever purchase travel insurance, but if I do, I NEVER purchase it through the same entity through which I purchased the trip (be it direct from the cruise/resort, etc.. or a TA). I personally find the conflict of interest that it represents to be very problematic.

Make sure the end and start dates are from the time you walk out the door until the time you walk back into the front door.

Also note that you most likely will not be able to add "Cancel for Any Reason" or "Waiver for Pre-Existing Condition" riders to your policy due to restricted timeframe for purchase of these riders. (Under most conditions, travel insurance with these riders included must be purchased within X number of days of first deposit payment)

My question was answered nicely! I always buy third party Travel Insurance and had already begun the process of purchase but came to the place to put in the date I booked the cruise. That stumped me since I have two different booking dates. I will now just go with the oldest booking date and proceed using the day my foot RUNS out the door toward my cruise vacation as my start date and my return date will be the day they have to drag me kicking & screaming off the ship, with a load of dirty laundry :eek: Thanks !