Can I make it to LAX from Long Beach in time?

Derbie

If I book a flight to leave LAX by 10:40 AM, could I make it? Could I rent a car one way, and get there in time? I think probably not, but it is only the non-stop to Nashville. Otherwise, the flights are very long, and we won't get in until late. I appreciate your input.

Not enough time. Literally need to be the first in line and take your luggage off with you. The quickest way is to take a taxi $68 flat + tip.

Time line--

30 minutes w/o traffic to LAX. Traffic can happen at any time on the LA Freeways.

Need two hours in LAX for security etc.

So knowing this you'll need to be at the taxi rank by 8:00.

Long Beach customs has been doing the full check, taking about 30 minutes.

The Miracle is scheduled to dock at 9am but usually clears earlier.

Edited by SadieN

We were on the Miracle last November, and I don't think they started disembarking passengers until 9:00 am. A 10:40 flight is too early. Assuming you are looking at flying on October 10...there is an American flight leaving LAX at 1:25, nonstop to BNA, arrives at 7:23 pm. I think that is your best option. Price is $240 one way, same as that Southwest flight you were looking at.

Renting a car would certainly take a lot of time.

I would just consider other flights as mentioned in the prior post. Some people who want an early flight would probably go with staying a night post-cruise, staying by LAX (the only situation I would recommend staying by the airport).

TRAFFIC in LA is the number one reason to NEVER book a flight earlier then 12 to 1pm. Remember you should get at the airport 2 hours before you flight if you flight is within the U.S. No way would you make your flight. Cruise companies have a good reason they tell us never to book a flight before noon and this is a good example of why not.

I live 30 miles from LAX and I always plan on taking an hour to get there. That is, of course, if there are no accidents or construction or car chases. :D Well, or early morning or late afternoon Monday through Friday. Just to get to your terminal once you enter the airport could take 10 minutes.

.......Just to get to your terminal once you enter the airport could take 10 minutes.

Several times it's taken us 45 minutes to get to the Bradley terminal at midnight.

Edited by SadieN

We were on the Miracle last November, and I don't think they started disembarking passengers until 9:00 am. A 10:40 flight is too early. Assuming you are looking at flying on October 10...there is an American flight leaving LAX at 1:25, nonstop to BNA, arrives at 7:23 pm. I think that is your best option. Price is $240 one way, same as that Southwest flight you were looking at.

Thanks so much! I figured we couldn't make it in time. We wanted to use our SWA points towards the flight. We went ahead and booked the flight you mentioned. I appreciate your great recommendations!

Sorry to tag on here, but can I make an 11:45am flight if the boat arrival time is 7AM?

Thanks in advance!

Always remember that 1) the time listed on your itinerary is the expected docking time...if there's weather issues, that can delay docking; 2) the ships always have to go through a customs/immigration check (some more thorough than others) before any passengers are allowed to disembark; 3) for some ports, there's the possibility of traffic jams on the way to the airport (for LAX, that's possible, even on weekends and especially a problem for any "getaway" days for holidays such as the day before Thanksgiving).

You didn't say which port you're disembarking at (there's the Port of Los Angeles and the Port of Long Beach -- that one is usually for Carnival ships) and which airport you're going to.

All cruise lines will have a recommended time to schedule flights after. For any involving LAX, it's usually 1pm, some will say noon. And that's for a reason.

Sorry; we will be on Carnival Inspiration arriving in Long Beach at 7am. We are flying out of LAX like the original poster. I bought Faster to the Fun, and we will take a taxi and carry our own luggage.

Our flight leaves at 11:45am. Going to hope for the best.

This is the Carnival recommendations, so I am hoping that the 7am arrival means I could make it. I realize that there might be weather or traffic impacts.

EARLIEST FLIGHT DEPARTURE: 8:00am Ship Arrival

Earliest flight departures out of the Long Beach Airport: 11:30am

Earliest flight departures out of the Los Angeles Airport: 12:00pm

EARLIEST FLIGHT DEPARTURE: 9:00am Ship Arrival

Earliest flight departures out of the Long Beach Airport: 12:30pm

Earliest flight departures out of the Los Angeles Airport: 1:00pm

Edited by csss31399