Review - a month in Alaska with a B2B on Celebrity Millennium

BrusselsGirl07

Hi Beth, I am glad you enjoyed my review - you will have such a great time next year, Alaska is really beautiful.

Africa is incredible, our month there and in Rwanda took up two photo books!

Because I did this review, I have not started my Alaska photo book, but will start it soon. I love it when the final result arrives at your door and you can relive all of your adventures again.

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry for bumping this up :o - my mum is having trouble finding it, so moving it to the front so she can see it. A bit embarrassed for putting it back on the first page - sorry!

I am so glad you did! I'm starting to really get busy planning for our Alaska adventure next July, and your review has so much GREAT information. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences and fantastic photos. My son wants to go to Anan Creek based on your photos alone! :)

Ruth

Sorry for bumping this up :o - my mum is having trouble finding it, so moving it to the front so she can see it. A bit embarrassed for putting it back on the first page - sorry!

I'm glad also that you bumped it up. I really enjoyed your review and photos. You dined at some of the same restaurants that we have eaten on our trips to Alaska. We stayed at the same cabins in Healy as you and we thought they were great. We haven't been to Alaska in two years so looking at the photos brought back plenty of fond memories. Thanks for taking the time to post.

I am so glad you did! I'm starting to really get busy planning for our Alaska adventure next July, and your review has so much GREAT information. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences and fantastic photos. My son wants to go to Anan Creek based on your photos alone! :)

Ruth

Hi Ruth, glad I could help. If you are thinking of going to Anan Creek, you would need to contact the companies offering the flights as soon as possible and try and book your seats - they do book out very quickly! Have a wonderful time, Yvette

I'm glad also that you bumped it up. I really enjoyed your review and photos. You dined at some of the same restaurants that we have eaten on our trips to Alaska. We stayed at the same cabins in Healy as you and we thought they were great. We haven't been to Alaska in two years so looking at the photos brought back plenty of fond memories. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Hi themerle - I was glad to bring back some happy memories! The cabins in Healy were nice to stay at. Yvette

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Amazing review and pictures! Thank you so much for the time and effort you put into it. We are Aussies doing a southbound cruise in July this year, spending time in Seward pre-cruise, so your review has been very helpful. Am even more excited now, thanks again :)

Yvette,

I just found your Alaska review this weekend and wanted to thank you and let you know how much I enjoyed it.

We are doing a 7-day independent land tour followed by a 7-night southbound Princess cruise in July. Although a lot of my planning is complete, we are doing some of the same activities you did and your review has helped to validate those decisions. In addition, you have given me some good ideas for other options.

Thanks for all your time and effort. I hope we are fortunate to have the good luck you did in terms of weather and wildlife viewing!

Dawn

• 4 weeks later...

paulajj, jezz086, lucky cal, MilliesMom and RaiderCruiser - really glad you enjoyed my review and glad that it helped with your upcoming trips.

I am busily researching again (as I was for Alaska last year) as Bill and I are off this year on a Norwegian cruise and then a TA which takes in the Faroe Islands, Iceland and Novia Scotia. Can't wait!

paulajj, jezz086, lucky cal, MilliesMom and RaiderCruiser - really glad you enjoyed my review and glad that it helped with your upcoming trips.

I am busily researching again (as I was for Alaska last year) as Bill and I are off this year on a Norwegian cruise and then a TA which takes in the Faroe Islands, Iceland and Novia Scotia. Can't wait!

Planning is half the fun, isn't it?

Sounds like a wonderful trip. I hope you'll post a review of that one, too.

Have a great time!

Dawn

Wow, this is an amazing review!!! Thank you for putting so much time and effort into it. It has really helped me put together our trip! Arymay, I enjoyed yours as well. Both of you guys have done a lot to help others plan!!! So appreciative!

Edited by ladybugva

oh wow - so many thanks! this is the most fabulous trip report - we are leaving for the June 12th southbound on the Millenium and I am the trip planner for us (two couples)....so far I have been pretty much in sync with your choices! but to see the whale breach - this is truly the most magnificent - I was fortunate to see that myself in Antarctica on my 50th birthday! it is a sight that I never bothered with the camera, but i visit that site in my heart frequently!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Wednesday 23 July - We woke up early to a completely different town! At 6am it was dark and grey and pouring with rain. The Island Princess was docked next to our hotel, and totally dwarfed the little town! People were getting off and straight onto a train. We could not believe the change from our brilliant bright and sunny day the day before.

IMG_3526_zps41b8cd0d.jpg

Yvette-what a small world. We were boarding the Island Princess on Wednesday, July 23, 2014..your picture looks just likes ours from that morning when we arrived. We took the train down from Anchorage. We stopped in and had a drink at the hotel you stayed at when we arrived around noon. We might have ran into each other!

I am enjoying your review, it's getting me ready for Norway, even though it's a different country and different views. It's also nice to relive my previous trips to Alaska.

Just loved reading this and looking at the wonderful pictures. We are going to Alaska August 2016, Celebrity Infinity Vancouver to Vancouver. Looking at your pics I feel we have picked the wrong cruise, but it suits us this time as we are visiting friends in Canada first and also doing the Rocky mountaineer train. Look forward to you posting Galapagos as we have booked for March 2017.

Irene

CruiseVivaLady - most of the scenery and animals were taken with the Canons and the ones with us in them were mostly taken with the iPhone.

The lenses we used were a Canon 300mm fixed lens with a 2x teleconvertor; a Canon 17-85mm, a Canon 18-55mm and a Canon 55-250mm.

I liked to use the 55-250mm the most and Bill like the 300mm one.

Hi,

We are looking to buy a good camera for Alaska. I love taking pictures and have a canon powershot sx50, point and shoot but feel want something to give better pictures. What body do you use for the canon?

Irene

Thanks so much for the pictures and write-up on the Tony Knowles bike trail. We had already decided to do that but now we are even more excited! I think I also added Glacier Brewhouse to our to do list after reading your review.:D

Hi,

We are looking to buy a good camera for Alaska. I love taking pictures and have a canon powershot sx50, point and shoot but feel want something to give better pictures. What body do you use for the canon?

Irene

Hi Irene - we have two Canon bodies, but Bill is in South Africa for work at the moment and took them both as he went on a weekend safari. When he gets home tomorrow, I will check and get back to you. Alaska is the perfect place for taking photos, the scenery and the animals are magnificent!

Thanks so much for the pictures and write-up on the Tony Knowles bike trail. We had already decided to do that but now we are even more excited! I think I also added Glacier Brewhouse to our to do list after reading your review.:D

Hi there - the Tony Knowles Trail was great to ride on, I really enjoyed it. Seeing the Moose was just amazing!! Good choice on the Glacier Brewhouse, but try and book before you go. The line for people without a booking was long.