Bringing Camera Along

CruzerDeb

We've got a cabana on HMC (yay!!!) and I'm concerned about bringing my new SLR camera long. It's not as easy to hide (or protect from sand) as a cell phone and I worry about leaving it in the cabana while I'm in the water.

What do you do with yours?

TIA!

Never been to HMC, but I don't take my ( good camera- DSLR) off the boat in ports. We always choose beach/ water excursions and I'm afraid of messing it up. I just take my cannon waterproof camera. But since I've never been to HMC- I'm sure someone else can chime in.....have a great trip!!

Never been to HMC, but I don't take my ( good camera- DSLR) off the boat in ports. We always choose beach/ water excursions and I'm afraid of messing it up. I just take my cannon waterproof camera. But since I've never been to HMC- I'm sure someone else can chime in.....have a great trip!!

We took our expensive dive camera with us to HMC and had a cabana too.... we had NO issues what so ever. No one ever entered the cabana but us except at the very start of the day to drop off snacks and drinks, and at the very end of the day to clean up. If I didn't have the camera on me in the water, I just put it back in my beach bag, and we tucked it under one of the chairs. We pulled one of the table chairs over against a wall right behind the loungers (this will make more sense once you get there) and tucked the bag under it. Someone would literally had to walk all the way to the back of our cabana and crawled on their hands a knees to even think about seeing it.... completely safe. Wouldn't worry at all. PS: You should easily be able to use it since you have your own shower to rinse off and nice towels to dry off.... so no worries about sand, water, etc.

PS: Cabana on HMC is one of the BEST excursions we have ever paid for through Carnival, we will do this EVERY time from now in when going to HMC - LOVED it!!!!

Edited by wemjam

There are lockers for rent, but I don't know where they are in relation to the cabanas. Personally, I would not leave the camera in the cabana while you go swimming. I've read on here about people sneaking in them and stealing food. If they steal the food, then what else would they take?

We aren't renting a cabana, but we will rent a locker for my daughter to stash her SLR while we're snorkeling.

If your that concerned, dont bring it. Take a small camera with you. Thats what I do at the beach. There is also the security of the camera. Many people report that the water and food etc. are being stolen from the cabanas.