Great Cruise!! 8/3-8/10 Southbound

Brewgirl

Hi we were on Carnival Spirit and had a double great time!!

We ate at the Glacier Brewhouse in Anchorage and looked around on Tues.

That was good time! Wish we had more time in that area.

Wed. we rented a car and slowly drove to Aleyeska resort and had lunch and hiked around. Very Beautiful!! Then we went to Portage Glacier and took the boat ride. It started raining and got very miserable but was still Beautiful!

We went through the Whittier tunnel 3 hours before we had planned (it was getting really cold) Dropped off our luggage, found a cute little bar and warmed up, took the car over to Avis then walked to the ship. we had a room with a balcony. My DH would have been happy to sit there the whole cruise! I wouldn't let him I liked it up on top much better (There were no topless cruisers) It was so quiet and peaceful!!!!

Thursday was cruising we got VERY close to Harvard Glacier it was awesome! It was chilly and gloomy that day and the seas got rough.

Friday we tendered into Sitka we didn't get there early and had no excursions planned we just walked in the rain to the totem pole park and saw a fish place where the salmon were spawning- very interesting.

Saturday was Juneau we took the Taku Wilderness Lodge Adventure. WOWOW that was awesome and fun!! the floatplane ride was great and the food at the lodge was out of this world!!! Then we took the evening whale quest they had a huge spread of food there too! That cruise was fun and informative and we saw a few humpbacks. We then hit 3 bars in Juneau and visited with people, went back to our cabin and skipped dinner.

Sunday we rented a car in Skagway and drove up to Emerald Lake and ate lunch at the Cinnamon Cache, took a ton of pictures and got back in 51/2 hours. I feel that we had too little time we would have liked to stop more and take our time but didn't want to chance missing the ship. We are both glad we did this though it was still cheaper and more fun to be on our own!!! The sun was out both Sat. and Sun. Very Very Beautiful weather!!

Monday was Ketchikan and our Misty Fiords excursion got cancelled. We just wandered around stopped at a few bars bought lots of souveniers and just enjoyed the day 80 and sunny!!! Creek Street is lots of fun and we spent our excursion money on a print from an Alaskan Artist! What Fun!!!!

Tuesday sailed the inside passage and saw Porpoises, Humpbacks and Killer Whales! The weather was warm and sunny and we were told that we were VERY lucky! That was a Beautiful day!! That ship holds around 2000 people and very few were actually outside on the decks how strange!

We then spent 3 Great days in Vancouver What an Awesome City!!!!!!!!

Great sights!!!! Great Great Food!!!!!!! Beautiful sunny weather!!!!!

All in All a perfect trip! thanks to all of you here for your tips!!!!!

Great review. We just received our docs for our Sept 7 Alaska cruise on the Spirit. After reading your review and getting our tickets it is finally getting closer.

Is there any food that you would recommend or not recommend?

Thanks for the review.

Would you mind sharing the reason you were given for the cancellation of your Misty Fjords tour? I knew it could happen, but I have rarely heard of it happening. Which company were you booked with, or through the ship?

Thanks

The food was all good. we did not eat at the Nouveau supper club. the dining room food was very good.

The deli sandwiches were real good. I liked the oriental buffet ALOT and the french fries were really really good! The breakfast was warmer in the dining room but we usually ate up at the buffet so we could get outside! hope that helps.

Archived