Explore 4 beverage package with 3 in cabin?

Ready2go11

Received the "free" beverage package as part of Explore 4 but it was only applicable to first 2 in cabin and I am bringing my niece and sister in a Neptune Suite. How will that work when HAL requires everyone in cabin to have package? Any info is appreciated

No, everyone is over 21. Third guest does not drink (but no medical condition) so it would be hard for her to drink $50 of water a day! Travel agent did not say anything nor has HAL in pre-cruise communications. Just want to make sure they are not going to try and charge me for third person when we check in.

When the Signature Beverage package is recieved as a booking perk the 3rd and 4th guests in the room, regardless of age, are exempt from the requirement to purchase one.

Hope that helps

True. Just make sure the drinkers are listed as pax 1 and 2 on the reservation.

You can have guest services then link everything so all three can share the OBC once onboard. And it's easy to share the internet credit ( one device at one time on the same account)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

what is the Explore 4 package?

In this context the OP is referring to the signature Beverage Package that has been included in Holland America's marketing/sales promotion called "Explore4", it has been offered with several other booking perks in past like free grats for suites, onboard credit, internet minutes/credit, 3/4 free etc. Each time offered it has been a bit different (and I feel slightly less generous) but the beverage package component has been the one consistent part of the promotion.

Hello,

The Signature Beverage Package is included for first and second passengers only. The third passenger will not be required to purchase an additional Signature Beverage Package. Ideally it's a good idea to have the "drinkers" listed as the first and second passengers, so that the Beverage Package will automatically be on your cruise card. However, it's not a big deal if the non-drinker is listed as first or second and you want them to be the third passenger on the booking......just go to Guest Services while onboard and they will change the package over to person you want it assigned to. (Hope that makes sense.)

Also the Signature Beverage Package is good for any drink $8.00 or less, alcoholic and non-alcoholic (bottled water, juices, smoothies etc.) so if the third person wants a non-alcoholic drink make sure that one of the other two is available to order drink for the third person. You can only order one drink at a time per card. I believe you can order another after 10 minutes has elapsed.

If you've registered the same credit card for all three of your shipboard accounts, then the onboard credit will automatically be deducted off the total on your account in which case it is shared. However, if you've all set up your own shipboard accounts with your individual credit cards, then the onboard credit will only be applied to the first and second passengers.

Also, expect to be charged the hotel service charge (daily gratuity) for the third passenger as the Explore 4 only covers prepaid gratuities for first and second passenger.

I hope I have helped.

What is the difference in price from the signature beverage package and the explore 4 package?

The Signature Beverage package has been given as a booking perk with the Explore4 promotion, there is no Explore4 "package"

When purchased the Signature Beverage package retails for $44.95/ day plus a 15% gratuity.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

Maybe once or twice a year as part of a promotion that runs for 2-3 months. It's not like NCL and Celebrity where it's an ongoing promotion that's always available

Thanks. I found that the vibe on the celebrity ship changed when they moved all inclusive. The fact that HAL is not there is somewhat attractive.