NCL Escape Room 14272 balcony room review

kayjay76

Hi all! Before I begin I'd love to thank everyone for this board. The help you provided before my first cruise was wonderful! So ty again! It's been a few weeks since sailing and I'm now ready to write a few reviews. I think I'm going to break them down to smaller posts. Here goes for the room:

Sailed: Feb 4th on the Norwegian escape

Balcony room 14272

Bathroom: Very nice. Lots of shelves for storage, No drawers that I noticed. Glass enclosed shower. Removable shower head. That was great to rinse bathing suits

Tips: Bring an air freshener. I bought a car tree and hung it up.

There is hand soap dispenser on wall, no need to bring hand soap.

Bring your own shampoo and cond! Yes, there is some combo stuff in shower but as a hair salon owner, I cringed every time I saw it lol. Save your hair and bring your good stuff!!

Flushable baby wipes a must! :o toilet paper a little harsh

Closet: We found the closet had plenty of storage. A tad difficult to move around as it's right next to the bed but doable. Shelves up the right side with the left being for hanging. Lots of hangers. I think there were 20. And they were large for large mouthed shirts and had clips to hang pants.

Tips: You can ask your room steward for an iron that they will let you use for a short time. I don't iron. Ever. I'll rewash before I iron haha. I'm so glad I brought a travel size of Downy wrinkle release I bought at Target. While unpacking I sprayed each shirt and was shocked that this stuff actually works!!! Smells nice too.

Because there are no drawers in closet... I was glad I packed our undergarments in clear, large ziplock bags. Just threw the bag on the shelf. wallah!

Bed: We found the bed to be very, very comfortable. And large. Soft linens and plenty of pillows.

Tip: If you need another blanket or pillow... open up the drawer under the couch. It has a whole set in there.

Storage: Plenty!! Shelves in bathroom. Plenty of closet space. Large luggage fits easily under the bed. 2 hooks in bathroom for towels and 2 hooks on hall wall next to main door. 2 little nooks under bed end tables. Store papers under TV in wall slot. The couch has 2 drawers underneath that have extra linens. I'm sure you can ask your steward to remove these if you need more storage space. The wall/desk unit has bottom cabinets for even more storage. And the shelf above the desk below the mirror was great for sunglasses, jewelry etc.

Fridge: mini is the word. You can also ask your steward to empty it so you don't have to worry about ever making the mistake grabbing something Stored one litter of water laying down in there. put the rest in the cabinet next to fridge..

Balcony: We found it a decent size. 2 chairs and a small table. The door DOES have a lock. Which means you don't need anything to prop it open. Simply lift the handle all the way up and the door will stay open until you put the handle in downward position.

Tips: Sleep with the door open!! How nice it was!

Do not open both stateroom door and balcony at same time. It makes a wind tunnel lol

Lights: Electricity stays on only when you have your key in the slot. ( funny story... another group that was on our trip didn't listen to that fact that you must insert your card into the slot to get lights. So there they were with their cell phones hunting around for the light switches. Took them 20 minutes to come to our room to ask how we have lights. They said their cabin was broken lollll)

Tip: You can insert any kind of card into your light switch. We used an old AAA card. Note* it will cause your "at home" light outside your cabin to stay on so if you leave the room, lift the card up. We wondered why we didn't get towel animals or fresh towels at night while we were out. Come to find out it was because our steward always thought we were "home".

Outlets: I can't remember if there were any in the bathroom or not. There were a min of 3 at the desk. And the hair dryer is under the desk. So we had plenty! Also the lights on the walls next to bed have a usb port to charge cell phones.

Walls: Are magnetic. Seems silly but it was great. You can bring magnets to hang the dallies. Or even large hooks for clothes. We brought 2 magnetic pictures of our kids and stuck em' to the wall.

TV: Not too many channels, lots of news which we were ok with and a movie channel with older movies. Use your TV to make reservations for dining. And to check your on-board account.

Coffee Maker: Hugeeee coffee drinker here. It's the only way I intake water haha! The maker made a perfect cup every time. The first night We met our steward I asked if he could always leave plenty of coffee packets, sugar and creamers each day and he did. Also if you need extra cream/sugar you can grab at the buffet. Makes one cup of piping hot coffee each time.

Noise: No noise that we noticed. And believe me, we had the loudest 2 people in our group right next door and couldn't hear them. Which is amazing because I mean they are loud! Like bullhorn loud even when regular speaking.:D

Room Service: Night service costs I think a 7.95 fee. And the beverage isn't covered even if you have drink package. Hubby wasn't happy I paid 2.95 for a can of soda but hey vacation right? haha.

Most of the breakfast is free!! If you skip the eggs it's free. Best thing we did everyday was order breakfast so we didn't have to rush out of the room as I'm not a morning person. The door slips are in the Room service book under the TV in the slot. Fill out and put on room door before 4am. You can pick the time they bring and if you accidently sleep in... they will call you, several times :o to wake you up and let you know they are outside. woops!! You can order for free: sliced fruit, yogurts, cereal, pastries, muffins etc., coffee, juices, milk.

General tips:

• Don't forget to hit the make up room button when you are leaving and want your room cleaned. It was nice that at anytime of day we could ask this and it was done.
  • We tipped our room steward right off the back for the week. Any request was taking care of right away. He did a great job! I know some say you don't have to tip but it really did help in service.
  • Use the bottom of the closet for dirty clothing or leave your suitcase open, slide it under the bed and pull out to throw dirty clothes right in there. ( going on vacation took me 5 hours to pack. Coming home 5 minutes haha)
  • Bring clothes pins. I wish I had listened. To dry our bathing suits I had to tie them to the balcony chairs. Wish I had brought clips.
  • If you read at night, bring a small flashlight or book light.
  • Order breakfast!!!!! Best thing we did everyday!
  • Time is always correct on the room phone. This helped when time change happened as our phones did not update.
  • We had a group of 28 adults. I wish we brought wipe boards to stick to our doors or post its. The app didn't work for most of us so that was useless to keep in contact. It would have been great just to write Buffet, H2o, or wherever we were heading. A lot of time wasted searching for people. AND this sounds silly but we had 13 rooms in a row. And no matter how many times we each told each other what room # we were, we all forgot 5 minutes later.

Overall I give the room an A! Good size, clean, balcony nice, great steward, comfortable bed. Awesome location right near elevators and AFT so we were close to everything we needed to be. Hope this review and tips help someone :)

Nice review. FYI, though, not sure if flushable baby wipes are a good idea. The rough toilet paper is probably because of the ships septic system. They aren't even good for your toilet at home either. (Even though they say flushable)

Regarding the clothes pins: the Escape doesn't have the string in the shower where you can hang your bathing suit?

Yes, they do. I was going to mention that. We were in a balcony cabin and it had the clothesline in the shower.

Regarding the clothes pins: the Escape doesn't have the string in the shower where you can hang your bathing suit?

Yes, there is a string in the shower. I just needed the bathing suit dried faster and the nice ocean wind worked well :)

ty all for your nice comments!!! I'm super detail oriented and hoped some of these tips would help clear any questions on something as simple as how many hangers in the closet. I found myself pausing youtube videos of rooms just to count the hangers before we went lol. It's the small things that can make planning so much easier :) And so many others' reviews helped me so much.

ty all for your nice comments!!! I'm super detail oriented and hoped some of these tips would help clear any questions on something as simple as how many hangers in the closet. I found myself pausing youtube videos of rooms just to count the hangers before we went lol. It's the small things that can make planning so much easier :) And so many others' reviews helped me so much.

This makes me feel so much better about doing things like studying Google maps and scouring the internet for planning info. Nice to know I'm not the only one!

I will definitely be bringing clothespins for your quick drying tip - and my bathing suit won't blow off the ship thanks to you ;p That could be awkward...