Crown Princess wine question

Cobra427SC

Anyone on the Crown now, or very, very recently might be able to help me.

Does Sabatini's have on board one of my favorite Italian wines, Ornellaia Le Volte? They've had it on other ships, at other times, but we're sailing 'round the horn in 2 weeks, and I'd like to know if it's on board. thanx steve

sure would appreciate any help I can get on this. thanx. steve

We went to Sabatini's once on our month long cruise that ended January 4 but I don't remember. Have you tried posting the question on the current roll call? Maybe someone will see it.

thanx for your response. i know it's a shot in the dark to answer this query. Roll call will only have people who are about to travel, not those currently onboard, nor who have traveled recently. steve

THIS POST contains a link to a spreadsheet that is a Princess wine list. It is from 2015 so take the accuracy with however many grains of salt you like. It does not mention Sabatini's specifically so, if they have a separate wine list, this will be of no value to you. :rolleyes:

Thank you for the input of checking the wine list. A good idea but won't work here.

We were on the Regal this past November. The main dining room and Crown Grill wine lists did not include this particular wine (one of our favorites); however, it was on the Sabitinis wine list. We are planning on eating at Sabitinis in February on the Crown and wanted to know if it was on their wine list on that particular boat.

Would appreciate if a current cruiser on the Crown knows the answer.

Thanks.

You could bring a bottle or two and then not have to worry about it :)

Per Princess website:

As provided in the Passage Contract, guests agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind onboard for consumption, except one bottle of wine or champagne per adult of drinking age (no larger than 750 ml) per voyage, which will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in the stateroom. Additional wine or champagne bottles are welcome, but will incur a $15 corkage fee each, irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed.

Thank you for the input of checking the wine list. A good idea but won't work here.

We were on the Regal this past November. The main dining room and Crown Grill wine lists did not include this particular wine (one of our favorites); however, it was on the Sabitinis wine list. We are planning on eating at Sabitinis in February on the Crown and wanted to know if it was on their wine list on that particular boat.

Would appreciate if a current cruiser on the Crown knows the answer.

Thanks.

I was afraid that the wine list wouldn't help you. You may well find that the Regal has wine offerings that aren't on other ships. Even if Crown Princess does offer your chosen wine in Sabatini's there is no guarantee that they won't be out of stock on your cruise. It happens.

As noted above, your best bet to insure that you have the wine you want is to bring it aboard and pay the corkage fee. You can have two "for free" if you consume them in your cabin. You can either take more than the two and pay corkage for the ones you want to drink with dinner or you can simply pay the corkage on the two. Take them for free if you like and then check if the wine is available. If it isn't you can then take your wine to Sabatini's and pay the corkage at that time.

Given the markup on Princess wines you may well come out ahead by simply bringing your own and paying the corkage.

Edited by Thrak

Thanx so much for your responses. I guess the way i worded my question, it made it sound like I hadn't considered bringing it myself. However, on the contrary, we will be bringing a number of our favorite wines on board and I'm trying to bring on one less....one I know they have at Sabatini's on the Regal. However, if they don't have it, we'll just buy a bottle of Seghesio Zin (an excellent wine, but we drink it often) and pay the freight. thanx steve

• 1 month later...
Can anyone tell me what the check in process is like for the bottle you bring on the ship with you? In the past you literally just walked through security with your bottles in your carry on bag, now I'm hearing that you have to check them in??

Same as always last June. We took our "free" bottles in our carry on luggage. One bottle each. No problem at all. They told me to stop at the table and waved in that general direction so I proceeded on but then they actually didn't even mention the one in my wife's carry on.

thanx for your response. i know it's a shot in the dark to answer this query. Roll call will only have people who are about to travel, not those currently onboard, nor who have traveled recently. steve

Remember that some people will be posting while they're on a cruise or afterwards. I've done both posting of a blog of my cruise. People from my January 4 on the Crown are still posting things occasionally.

So YES please post your question on the blog for the current Cruise & the one after as you never know who might see it & respond.

Tom😎