Car rental

jimicaj

Does anyone have recommendations for renting a car in Sydney, Halifax, and PEI? It seems we can visit most attractions ourselves and avoid the excursion busses, but we also don't want to hassle with finding transportation to the car rental agency.

Does anyone have recommendations for renting a car in Sydney, Halifax, and PEI? It seems we can visit most attractions ourselves and avoid the excursion busses, but we also don't want to hassle with finding transportation to the car rental agency.

These are the rentals agencies we used. All of them picked up and dropped us back at the pier.

Halifax--National, 902-423-0227—Via Rail Station 1161 Hollis St (walking distance, just cross a parking lot)

Sydney--Enterprise, 902-539-6700—446 Grand Lake Rd

Charlottetown--Enterprise, 902-894-5004—83 Euston St

Thanks so much!

These are the rentals agencies we used. All of them picked up and dropped us back at the pier.

Halifax--National, 902-423-0227—Via Rail Station 1161 Hollis St (walking distance, just cross a parking lot)

Sydney--Enterprise, 902-539-6700—446 Grand Lake Rd

Charlottetown--Enterprise, 902-894-5004—83 Euston St

We had great experiences in July from the following rental companies. We had to walk to the Budget office in Charlottetown (an easy 15 minute walk from the port) but we were picked up by Avis in Sydney.

Charlottetown: Budget--15 University Ave Charlottetown, PE, Canada

+1 902-566-5525

Sydney: Avis--224 Welton Street Sydney, NS, B1P 5S1, Canada

+1 902-564-261

Edited by GradUT

Thank you for the recommendations! We are thinking of touring Acadia National Park. Is it better to pay $30 pp for a guided tour or to again rent a car and do it on our own? The public bus will not be running yet when we are there early June.

• 1 year later...

Check with your credit card re insurance in Canada.

Both ACE in Charlottetown PEI and Enterprise in Sydney NS use scare tactics re insurance : ' your American cards don't cover " That is not true and we wasted over 20$ in Charlottetown and over 30$ in Sydney. We were smarter in Halifax...and declined their insurance.

Check with your credit card re insurance in Canada.

Both ACE in Charlottetown PEI and Enterprise in Sydney NS use scare tactics re insurance : ' your American cards don't cover " That is not true and we wasted over 20$ in Charlottetown and over 30$ in Sydney. We were smarter in Halifax...and declined their insurance.

You bumped a 2 year old thread, but I will bite.

I believe it is the card owner/renter's responsibility to know if their credit card covers rentals in another country. I worked at a rental car agency in Victoria, B.C for five years and was often told, "My coverage is adequate.". Well, that's fine and good and I hope you are correct, but just know that if anything does happen, the car rental company will charge your credit card and it is the customer's responsibility to file a claim at a later date. The car rental company does NOT direct bill anyone for damages done to their vehicles - it just doesn't work that way.

Sorry you feel you got burned but I truly believe this is a case of "caveat emptor". You should have known your policy, and should have declined the additional insurance coverage.