seabourn square

mariamva2

It's the central hub of the ship. A large square room with a screened off square in the middle where the reception staff work, a coffee bar with snacks on the right as you walk in with seating, a library area, computers around the reception square, a destination desk and the at the far end comfy chairs to sit and read and watch the world go by.

It is just after the shops on Deck 7

Not sure about the Seabourn Square layout on Encore.

You have no privacy in this open area whereas the Odyssey class ships offer in a mostly enclosed concierge square the chance to speak with staff without people standing nearby. Also, there is a queuing system on Odyssey class ships with only 2 ways to enter this area. On Encore everyone can try to get a seat from a few access points.

BTW, the question of privacy, or lack thereof, applies to the free standing computer terminal screens. Those on Encore face outwards so anyone passing by can see what you are doing. Not so on Odyssey class ships where there is a narrow path between the back of your seat and the partition that shields the inside of the concierge square.

Happy and healthy sailing!

A few people mentioned the lack of privacy at SB Square on the Encore compared to the O class ships. In reality, the presumed privacy at SB Square on the O class ships is just that, more a presumption than reality. Conversations can readily be heard in the surrounding perimeters, unless both parties speak softly and there is a lot of ambient noise, in which case I'd surmise that the same privacy advantage would apply at SB Square on the Encore as well.

The lack of an obvious place to queue up, however, sounds like an annoying issue.

My view is that the new SB Square is better in every respect. Opens up the whole floor with views to the stern. As to queuing, just pick the person you prefer to see. Sure, you might find one "queue" moves faster - luck of the draw, but our experience was that the queues were no more than 2-3 people. As to privacy, I'm happy to discuss whatever I want to deal wish there, and don't need to talk loudly, and you have the option of asking for a more private location if concerned. On both of the latter fronts the older style arrangements are worse because those waiting often stand inside the "cubicle" and can hear all 3 stations. As to the computer screens, which are not heavily used, I've never seen anyone standing around trying to look at what someone has onscreen, and have no issues. The

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As to queuing, just pick the person you prefer to see.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Actually, this is an advantage - most of the time I do have a preferred person for whom I wouldn't mind to wait in a dedicated line.