Le Lotus Restaurant at IC

luv_cruisin33

We just made reservations for dinner at Le Lotus at the IC for one of the nights after the cruise. Has anyone eaten there that can give me an idea of prices of meals. We will be there two nights. Any suggestions of a restaurant there to eat the second night that is not outrageously expansive! We want to see their show after dinner. Was told we could sit at the bar to watch it. How much time before the show should we get there to get a bar seat?

When will you be there? It was under renovations and planned reopening this week. It looked like it would be quite nicer. More romantic location than the main dining room. The menu I saw was fixed price for 2, 3 or 4 course meals. All food and drink at the IC and all of Tahiti is overpriced in my opinion, but that's comparing it to prices we are used to paying. You in a remote location and so everything is more expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We ate at the bar restaurant downstairs while staying at our IC day room on our return from our PG cruise on 2/11.Le Lotus was still closed. We had a pizza which was very good and loaded with toppings for just under 30 dollars. We were both totally full. The drinks were at happy hour prices. They were better than the drinks at the main floor bar, but still expensive.

It can be very expensive but it's good. I prefer the main restaurant, especially on show nights where you can eat a la carte and see a free show. Eat "local" and it's reasonably priced.

What kind of seating did you get when you ate in the main restaurant on show night? Did you make reservations ahead of time and ask for a specific seat? Are there a lot of seats at the bar? We were also told we could sit at the bar during the show also...Now confused as to keeping reservation at Le Lotus or change to main restaurant??????

What kind of seating did you get when you ate in the main restaurant on show night? Did you make reservations ahead of time and ask for a specific seat? Are there a lot of seats at the bar? We were also told we could sit at the bar during the show also...Now confused as to keeping reservation at Le Lotus or change to main restaurant??????

There are quite a few tables in the bar area so you don't need to actually sit on bar stools. The bar menu mentioned that some of the food items aren't available on show nights, but they still have some food available.

Best seating for the show is in the restaurant. The bar seating is from the side. The buffet style dinner is very good but pricey but no more so than if you dined at Le Lotus or a fine restaurant in PPT. Remember if you get seats close to the long stage you might be a 'victim' ... meaning there is a chance you will be chosen to perform on stage.

La carte saves some money and you still see the same show from the front. The show is one of the very best in all of Polynesia, it is a must see if your staying at the IC. The show is technically free though people who buy the dinner/show usually get better seating opportunities early on. While the evening is in transition meaning dinner is winding down and the show is about the start nobody will care if you silently grab an open seat.

Thee show is spectacular, a big production, professionals handling the entertainment both on stage and off, it is an expensive to put on. I encourage people to purchase some form of food/drink to help support the cost of this entertaining show. For those that silently slip to an open seat, buy something at the bar before sitting down.

Best seating for the show is in the restaurant. The bar seating is from the side. The buffet style dinner is very good but pricey but no more so than if you dined at Le Lotus or a fine restaurant in PPT. Remember if you get seats close to the long stage you might be a 'victim' ... meaning there is a chance you will be chosen to perform on stage.

La carte saves some money and you still see the same show from the front. The show is one of the very best in all of Polynesia, it is a must see if your staying at the IC. The show is technically free though people who buy the dinner/show usually get better seating opportunities early on. While the evening is in transition meaning dinner is winding down and the show is about the start nobody will care if you silently grab an open seat.

Thee show is spectacular, a big production, professionals handling the entertainment both on stage and off, it is an expensive to put on. I encourage people to purchase some form of food/drink to help support the cost of this entertaining show. For those that silently slip to an open seat, buy something at the bar before sitting down.

Is this show also open to people staying at a different hotel? If so, what nights do they have their big show? And what time do they start the show? Could we get dinner somewhere else and just come to the IC for a drink and to watch the show? We would love to see something like this, but we are not staying at the IC.

Is this show also open to people staying at a different hotel? If so, what nights do they have their big show? And what time do they start the show? Could we get dinner somewhere else and just come to the IC for a drink and to watch the show? We would love to see something like this, but we are not staying at the IC.

Each major resort usually has a show, this one just happens to be one of the very best in all Polynesia.

I would go to their website to confirm the day of week they perform. Things do change .... at one time there were two different shows on different nights, the story line was different for each show .... so go to their website.

As far as your other questions I'd say they would have no problem selling you a dinner and a show. Beyond that I'll leave it to your own conscious.

Anyone eating at the restaurant can watch the show. Doesn't matter where you are staying. It's easy enough to ask for a seat with a great view. The buffet is NOT worth the money in my opinion - yes I did it with my kids once because I knew my daughter would want to get on stage and dance near the end of the show. For a la carte I don't think the restaurant takes reservations.

Anyone eating at the restaurant can watch the show. Doesn't matter where you are staying. It's easy enough to ask for a seat with a great view. The buffet is NOT worth the money in my opinion - yes I did it with my kids once because I knew my daughter would want to get on stage and dance near the end of the show. For a la carte I don't think the restaurant takes reservations.

It's all good, pizza, fish and chips or a large salad ........ la carte (as some nice retiree told me) ..... Oh, don't forget a cold local beer.

Was just making the point to be supportive of the IC and the cost of putting on this fantastic show, nuff said

It's all good, pizza, fish and chips or a large salad ........ la carte (as some nice retiree told me) ..... Oh, don't forget a cold local beer.

Was just making the point to be supportive of the IC and the cost of putting on this fantastic show, nuff said

Plus don't forget that if you are not staying at the IC it can be an expensive taxi ride to get back and forth.

The fish and chips has been excellent the past few years and a good deal at around $20. Last time there they were using locally caught parrot fish. There are local specials also for less. Do not eat a cheeseburger and then complain about the cost!!

Thanks for the advice. The la carte menu sounds like it has some good dinner options, so we can look into that. We just have a lot of food restrictions so a buffet wouldn't work for us. I found some good information on the IC website. Do you know what the difference between the shows is? Are they all the same, or is one better than the others? We're not in Moorea on Wednesday night, so that's out. Monday night would work as we don't have plans yet then. We have a sunset cruise booked on Saturday night, so I don't love the idea of going to the IC on the same night, although if the Saturday night show is better than Monday night, we can make it work. We rented a car for the duration of our stay in Moorea so no worries about paying for a taxi, and Google says the IC is only a 6 minute drive from our hotel.

Here's the info I found on the IC website... http://moorea.intercontinental.com/theme-nights

I guess my real question is if the Saturday show is different/better than the Monday show?

Another somewhat related question... does anyone know how much they charge at the IC for their breakfast buffet? We'll mostly be eating baguettes and cheese and fresh fruit for breakfast at our hotel, but I was thinking the IC breakfast buffet might be fun for brunch on Sunday morning :)

Thanks for the advice. The la carte menu sounds like it has some good dinner options, so we can look into that. We just have a lot of food restrictions so a buffet wouldn't work for us. I found some good information on the IC website. Do you know what the difference between the shows is? Are they all the same, or is one better than the others? We're not in Moorea on Wednesday night, so that's out. Monday night would work as we don't have plans yet then. We have a sunset cruise booked on Saturday night, so I don't love the idea of going to the IC on the same night, although if the Saturday night show is better than Monday night, we can make it work. We rented a car for the duration of our stay in Moorea so no worries about paying for a taxi, and Google says the IC is only a 6 minute drive from our hotel.

Here's the info I found on the IC website... http://moorea.intercontinental.com/theme-nights

I guess my real question is if the Saturday show is different/better than the Monday show?

Another somewhat related question... does anyone know how much they charge at the IC for their breakfast buffet? We'll mostly be eating baguettes and cheese and fresh fruit for breakfast at our hotel, but I was thinking the IC breakfast buffet might be fun for brunch on Sunday morning :)

The really good Marquesan show isn't there! That was my favorite.

$50 pp approx for the buffet. Do what many of us do - take a 15-20 minute walk to a supermarket. Large one to the right, small one to the left. Pick up breakfast, snacks and lunch! Save a ton of money.

Bring your own bag! Large Baguettes are 50 cents!

The really good Marquesan show isn't there! That was my favorite.

$50 pp approx for the buffet. Do what many of us do - take a 15-20 minute walk to a supermarket. Large one to the right, small one to the left. Pick up breakfast, snacks and lunch! Save a ton of money.

Bring your own bag! Large Baguettes are 50 cents!

We will be there July 26th and they told me the Marquesan show will be playing! we made reservations for La Lotus and they told me to keep the reservations until we get there and check it out and we can cancel then if we want to do al la carte for the show. No reservations are needed they told me. I have been emailing the hotel direct and the information they gave me was very helpful. I love your idea of going to the grocery store...I will be packing brown bags and baggies.

We will be there July 26th and they told me the Marquesan show will be playing! we made reservations for La Lotus and they told me to keep the reservations until we get there and check it out and we can cancel then if we want to do al la carte for the show. No reservations are needed they told me. I have been emailing the hotel direct and the information they gave me was very helpful. I love your idea of going to the grocery store...I will be packing brown bags and baggies.

When leaving the IC property if you take a right you will ultimately come to a Carrefour - huge supermarket with lots of great stuff - great cheeses and meats also. I go there when I stay more than 2 days. If you make a left after a shorter walk you will see a small grocery store that's good with nowhere near the selection and a little pricier. You will save a ton of money doing this.

Have a great trip! The Marquesan show is really good.

When leaving the IC property if you take a right you will ultimately come to a Carrefour - huge supermarket with lots of great stuff - great cheeses and meats also. I go there when I stay more than 2 days. If you make a left after a shorter walk you will see a small grocery store that's good with nowhere near the selection and a little pricier. You will save a ton of money doing this.

Have a great trip! The Marquesan show is really good.

Do you know what time it opens if we want to go get breakfast foods

Do you know what time it opens if we want to go get breakfast foods

Am pretty sure Carrefour opens at 8am but not sure of time on Sunday. The other market I know was opened at 8 or earlier. Many school children were getting stuff. In fact a few times I walked with the kids and it was fun. Again not sure on Sunday. The staff at the IC should know.

I am pretty sure it opens really early but check their website as some days they open later.

Last time we were at the IC we got a transfer there and back for 20$ from the hotel which was convenient...no walking back in the heat and no carrying water, wine etc. My DD even bought a sponge cushion to sit on for the return journey as her flight to Tahiti was uncomfortable.

DH has always been a Carrefours fan and has visited them wherever in the world he sees them....France, of course, but also in Shanghai, Jakarta to name a couple. I just find it like a Walmart with some decent French Cheeses and a mixed range of French Wine. However, it's very useful if you are a few days in Tahiti.