St. Kitts, Romney Manor & CaribElle Batik

auntjoy036

I would like to visit CaribElle (blame auto correct for the weird capitalization) Batik at Romney Manor on St. Kitts. I will be traveling with my Mom. Mom can walk short distances and climb stairs with a hand rail. We will get to Romney Manor by van tour and have a manual, collapsible wheelchair to help Mom cover the longer stretches.

I read on trip advisor that CaribElle Batik is not accessible. Do any of you who can walk, but not long distances, have experience there? Could the van or a wheelchair get Mom close enough to walk to and enjoy the batik store?

To give you an idea of Mom's ability, she could walk into a grocery store or Target store, pick up a needed item or two, check out, and walk back to the car. She does not have the stamina to go to the grocery store and walk up and down every aisle.

Thanks for your help.

Vicki

Thank you, xxoocruiser. I had read the thread you posted earlier in my planning. At the time I was thinking of a beach day in St. Kitts, not obsessed with batik. Thank you for bringing it back to mind now that my plans have changed. I am encouraged.

Vicki

I've been there a couple of times with a driver named York. If you Google York Taxi Tours St. Kitts he is an excellent guide, can guve you the tour you desire, and can answee your accessibility questions ahead of time. His wife Sabrina often answers his email.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I also have limited mobility and visited Romney Manor with a manual wheelchair.

To get to where the batik shops are you have to go along an uneven pathway. My partner managed to push me, but it was fairly hard work. However, the gardens are beautiful, so it was worth it.

I found a bench in the shade to sit on whilst he visited more of the gardens. I did manage to get into the shops and if I remember correctly there were a couple of steps, but nothing too difficult. I don't remember buying anything.

I think we went on an excursion with Pereira Tours. It was a few years ago.