Inexpensive family cruise for 5 from Florida - caribbean

Lausmadel

Hi, we've only done one cruise so far (with 2 kids) and in the meantime we are a family of five (10, 7 and 2). Are there any recommendations that do not cost and arm and a leg? We are looking at late July or August... I know we are kind of late in deciding on this.

Are there any cruise lines that give you the option of 5 to a room (that's not a super fancy one)?

Oh yes and we would like to do a 6-9 night caribbean itinerary from Port Canaveral, Fort Lauderdale or Tampa...

Any help is appreciated.... not sure if we can swing it....

Thanks!

Hi, we've only done one cruise so far (with 2 kids) and in the meantime we are a family of five (10, 7 and 2). Are there any recommendations that do not cost and arm and a leg? We are looking at late July or August... I know we are kind of late in deciding on this.

Are there any cruise lines that give you the option of 5 to a room (that's not a super fancy one)?

Oh yes and we would like to do a 6-9 night caribbean itinerary from Port Canaveral, Fort Lauderdale or Tampa...

Any help is appreciated.... not sure if we can swing it....

Thanks!

You may want to check out NCL and Royal as they are both offering kids sail free programs. Don't know if they include dates in July or August, that is prime time family time so discounts are hard to come by.

Good Luck. I just looked at 5 people in NCL Getaway family picture window cabin for a friend of mine. I'm not a TA or anything, just always looking for deals to cruise with my friends and family. The room looks like an decent size. Many people will say no way in putting 4-5 in a cabin, but I've done it before. It is what we can afford.

Good Luck!

We have never sailed MSC but they have a new ship out of Miami and kids under 11 sail free.

When we lived in Florida, we found our best bargains in the travel sections of the major newspapers - Florida resident specials and group discounts from travel agents.

Also, don't forget to factor in the gratuities for 5 people when looking at the 'real' total price.

Royal has rooms for 5 that arent ridiculous if you factor in that passangers 3,4,5 will all be free. (They will actually be about $100 in port fees). And Royal out of port canveral is lovely and has a great kids program.

We booked Royal at the end of August on the Freedom our of Port Canaveral. We have 3 kids and booked a family promenade stateroom (you have to call) for about $2400. It was with the kids sail free. We have a window onto the promenade. The room is twice the size of an interior and can hold up to 6. There are also just interior family staterooms, as well as ocean view family staterooms. I know they book fast, but you may get lucky!

You do have to call for these rooms-can't book online!

Thanks so much for all of your responses... definitely something for me to look into. And if we don't manage this year, we can look earlier next year. You definitely made me hope there is a possibility we can afford :):):)

Thanks so much for all of your responses... definitely something for me to look into. And if we don't manage this year, we can look earlier next year. You definitely made me hope there is a possibility we can afford :):):)

With the kids sail free promo on Royal Caribbean this might be the best time to book. Rates usually drop in August with kids going back to school in many parts of the country.

If you are able to drive to the cruise port, you may want to consider looking for a last-minute deal (also FL resident rates) and get two cabins for the same price you would pay for one cabin with kids sail free. I was excited to see the kids sail free deals, but when I priced them it would be $2400 for one balcony room for all five of us. If I wanted to go in the next couple of weeks, I could sail a similar cruise for $2000 for two ocean view rooms for all of us. I know not everyone can or wants to plan last minute vacations, but that is how we choose to travel and if you can make it work, there are some amazing deals out there.