Whale Watch Cobo

Ferndale Girl

I have not used that particular company but I have been to Cabo several times and those companies are very good. Most are right in the marina. Another I have used is Ocean Riders and they also were very good. You can walk right to their company from the ship.

None of them do whale watching this time of year, usually starts in December.

If you want a small, intimate experience on a first class yacht, then check out trip advisor reviews for the Rissalena. You can also walk to them from the tender pier, or take a water taxi. It is about a 20-25 minute walk.

This is a family run operation. They only allow a max of 24 passengers and for $55/person, you get a three hour tour, open bar, and a home cooked lunch, not snacks. You will not be disappointed, and OBTW, best bathroom on a boat.

They do not have a web page, you email Laura and Eduardo for reservations at rissacat@prodigy.net.mx

They were very helpful and we went on a rubber zodiac type boat that held about 10 people. It was right close to the water and was a lot of fun. You should look at that boat too. We saw lots of whales close up. Hope you have a great time.:)

• 2 weeks later...
Here are some pictures from our trip on the Rissalena :)

If you go here you can see some photos starting on the middle of page 8 and 9, and then more on 12

Page 8

Page 12

They got us very close and was a first class operation.

Thanks for sharing!

I just booked the Whale Watching for our cruise in February. Glad to hear - and see - that you enjoyed it!

If you want a small, intimate experience on a first class yacht, then check out trip advisor reviews for the Rissalena. You can also walk to them from the tender pier, or take a water taxi. It is about a 20-25 minute walk.

This is a family run operation. They only allow a max of 24 passengers and for $55/person, you get a three hour tour, open bar, and a home cooked lunch, not snacks. You will not be disappointed, and OBTW, best bathroom on a boat.

They do not have a web page, you email Laura and Eduardo for reservations at rissacat@prodigy.net.mx

THAT was my next question....thanks!! :D

They actually do now have a website, http://www.rissalena.com/sightseeing.html

I contacted them to set up a reservation and they gave me a quick reply. Thanks for the tip, we're looking forward to it.

• 1 month later...

I know it's been a while sine people posted on this thread so hopefully this will get an answer. We will be in Cabo in January on the Miracle and I'm reluctant to book the ship's whale watching excursion because we are on a really tight budget, but also since this is a tender port I'm concerned about pre-booking with another else in case we don't get an early enough tender.

So my question is - how likely do you think we'd be to get a zodiac-style whale watching tour just walking around the pier that would still get us back in a timely fashion?

As far as I can tell we are scheduled to be in port from 9:30 to 4 so realistically probably won't get off the ship until around 11-ish and would need to head back by about 2:30 or so.....if you disagree let me know. Thanks

I know it's been a while since people posted on this thread so hopefully this will get an answer. We will be in Cabo in January on the Miracle and I'm reluctant to book the ship's whale watching excursion because we are on a really tight budget, but also since this is a tender port I'm concerned about pre-booking with another else in case we don't get an early enough tender.

So my question is - how likely do you think we'd be to get a zodiac-style whale watching tour just walking around the pier that would still get us back in a timely fashion?

As far as I can tell we are scheduled to be in port from 9:30 to 4 so realistically probably won't get off the ship until around 11-ish and would need to head back by about 2:30 or so.....if you disagree let me know. Thanks

Here are some pictures from our trip on the Rissalena :)

If you go here you can see some photos starting on the middle of page 8 and 9, and then more on 12

Page 8

Page 12

They got us very close and was a first class operation.

Thank you for posting your photos - now I'm really looking forward to it. Did you walk over to catch the boat - was it a fairly easy walk???

Thank you for posting your photos - now I'm really looking forward to it. Did you walk over to catch the boat - was it a fairly easy walk???

We didn't walk as we tendered on the south dock(always for us), you can see in the link below that the Rissalena dock straight across from the south tender which would require a walk all the way around the marina. If you are dropped off at the north tender point, it is right next to the Rissalena dock.

Cabo Map

Hope that helps.

Edited by waASPCrusier

We didn't walk as we tendered on the south dock(always for us), you can see in the link below that the Rissalena dock straight across from the south tender which would require a walk all the way around the marina. If you are dropped off at the north tender point, it is right next to the Rissalena dock.

Cabo Map

Hope that helps.

Did you take a cab or a water taxi????

Cabo Map

Hope that helps.

We were in Cabo in November. I was not aware that the North tender port is even open.

• 4 weeks later...
Can anyone give me directions to the Ocean riders office from the cruise pier for a whale watching tour? I understand it near the Nowhere Bar.

Yes, it is in the same complex as the No Where Bar in Plaza Bonita. If you look straight across from the tender pier, you will see Plaza Bonita. Once you leave the tender pier, go right and follow the marina all the way around until you come to the No Where Bar. You can also use the large mall, Puerto Paraiso, as a landmark. About an easy 20-25 minute walk or less if you walk fast.