Looking forward to first solo cruise

JulieMcCoy

Recent non-solo trips have me looking forward even more to my first solo cruise in February. I did two short family trips recently and absolutely loved both of them, loved being together with family, especially some relatives I haven't seen for a while. HOWEVER, I also had the minor annoyances of waiting too long for others to get ready for dinner and dealing with others who suddenly changed plans. That gave me a better understanding of why I think I'll enjoy cruising alone. How relaxing that will be, for everything to be my choice, and my choice alone!

Recent non-solo trips have me looking forward even more to my first solo cruise in February. I did two short family trips recently and absolutely loved both of them, loved being together with family, especially some relatives I haven't seen for a while. HOWEVER, I also had the minor annoyances of waiting too long for others to get ready for dinner and dealing with others who suddenly changed plans. That gave me a better understanding of why I think I'll enjoy cruising alone. How relaxing that will be, for everything to be my choice, and my choice alone!

I am sure you are going to love it exactly for those reasons that you specified. Its really nice being your own boss just for a little bit, its all about you, when you want it and where you want it. No need to answer to anyone! Ahhh Its glorious! lol It truly is a relaxing way to travel.

Yes you have that right I also gave up sitting at the table of ten MDR,some table mates were great and some from hell so now do any/your time 2 topper,

I actually enjoy eating at a large table in the MDR. I eat by myself at least 90% of the time at home so I enjoy making friends at dinner on the ship (I usually have lunch onboard by myself).

Me as well........Even if they're not they type I would be friends with, they're still usually interesting, which is good enough for a table mate. I eat by myself > 90% of the time and having interesting company is great for a change.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have read a post in another thread that you were thinking of doing your first zip line in St. Lucia. If by any chance you will be stopping in St. Kitts, I very highly recommend doing it there instead, especially if you are doing it for the very first time. They are known the best and safest equipment unlike any other island has. Not to mention the most comfortable equipment.

Cruiselady, I will check out the St. Kitts ziplining - for some reason, didn't think to check there.

I think it's great to be able to choose whether you want to sit by yourself or with others for dinner. I think dinner is the main time when I will want to have conversation with others, so I signed up for late seating at a large table. We'll see what happens! Other meals I have often done by myself anyway, even when cruising with others, so I'm happy to read a book and enjoy a nice meal, sometimes overlooking lovely tropical waters, with warm weather.

• 2 weeks later...