Holland America Solidifies Ties to Music with New Cruise Ship

LauraS

I read that article and had to laugh out loud. All that HAL is apparently doing is putting a name brand to the entertainment that they already deliver. On all HAL ships that I've sailed on (and that is plenty!), they have the BB King Blues Club, a sing-along piano player, and an Adagio Strings. I don't see that they have added anything new on their new ship.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I think it has been a while since they have had a classical quintet.

Remember the adagio strings. The quintet will become a quartet and then a trio and then a duo.

The article only shows what a fuss marketing people can make of nothing. This is not worthy of a sticky.

Edited by whogo

• 2 weeks later...

You are missing the bigger picture...HAL has a very long term and lucrative relationship with ECP who currently charters the Eurodam for private charter music theme cruises (Jazz Cruise, Smooth Jazz Cruise, Soul Train Cruise, 80's Cruise) in Jan- Feb every year...this new vessel will hold 2600 (double occupany per cabin which means almost 3000 fully berth) so by designing the secondary music venues around the atrium it becomes very appealing from a logistic perspective to hold muliple concerts in close strolling distance....

Smart move on HAL part