Question for Kazu or Rafinmd

Alberta Quilter

I'm sorry to bug you both, since one is currently on a cruise and the other is preparing for one, but I wanted to know how you are able to put the picture of the itinerary right into the Bon Voyage threads and still get it in that large size? I just tried it on the Test forum and it came out as a thumbnail which could be clicked to a larger size but it still isn't as large as what you get on the BV threads.

Thanks for your help!

Here is what I did.

I opened up the itinerary where there is a second picture. Under that picture, it has "click to enlarge".

It came up bigger. Then I highlighted it and copied and pasted it to your "test" thread. It worked.

And it is larger.

Thanks, KK! So you copied straight from the HAL website right to my test thread? I thought I had tried it that way. I'll go try it again!

I hope Kazu will weigh in as well, because I think the procedure varies by what software one is using. I use Windows and Friefox and this is what I do:

Call up the cruise on the HAL website.

Right click on the picture and select "View image". That (In Firefox) will replace the itinerary page by a small image of the itinerary. Copy the URL of this itinerary. In your draft post hit the little "Add image" icon which will give you a dialog box for inserting the URL of the image. Paste the URL of your image in the dialog box. The URL will look something like this:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/images/itineraryMaps/L5H4W0.jpg

That will put a small image in your post. What I do to make it big is add /detail right after "ItineraryMaps" like this:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/images/itineraryMaps/detail/L5H4W0.jpg

That extra code "detail" will make the image big. You can click on the above 2 links to see the difference.

I hope this is reasonably clear. I just previewed my post and saw that Cruise Critic shortened the links above. If you hover your mouse over them you should be able to see the actual links with and without the "detail" field.

Roy

I hope Kazu will weigh in as well, because I think the procedure varies by what software one is using. I use Windows and Friefox and this is what I do:

Call up the cruise on the HAL website.

Right click on the picture and select "View image". That (In Firefox) will replace the itinerary page by a small image of the itinerary. Copy the URL of this itinerary. In your draft post hit the little "Add image" icon which will give you a dialog box for inserting the URL of the image. Paste the URL of your image in the dialog box. The URL will look something like this:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/images/itineraryMaps/L5H4W0.jpg

That will put a small image in your post. What I do to make it big is add /detail right after "ItineraryMaps" like this:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/images/itineraryMaps/detail/L5H4W0.jpg

That extra code "detail" will make the image big. You can click on the above 2 links to see the difference.

I hope this is reasonably clear. I just previewed my post and saw that Cruise Critic shortened the links above. If you hover your mouse over them you should be able to see the actual links with and without the "detail" field.

Roy

Thanks very much, Roy! I hope you have a wonderful cruise!