Independence of Seas Cabin 8200

We stayed in 8500 on Freedom of the seas New Years Cruise. At the end of the cruise I went into 8200 and looked around to compare it to 8500. 8200 is a great choice. In my opinion it is the best of the Family Ocean View Staterooms. The forward view is real unique and neat to see where you are going.

The only thing is you have to mentally prepare yourself that you will be very far from the venues in the back of the ship because she is such a long ship. The excesses is good but try not to forget anything because it is a bit of a walk back.

You will absolutely love this cabin. Feel free to ask me any specific questions

You will absolutely love this cabin. Feel free to ask me any specific questions

Thanx for the advice. I am curious where did your cruise go and how rough was the water. I realize this is a forward cabin and there is more movement there. We are experienced cruisers just not at winter. TIA

We did west Caribbean: Coco Cay, Montego Bay, Georgetown and Cozumel. It was not rough seas at all but this cabin is upfront and somewhat high up so we did feel the ship moving. My wife gets seas sick and she did not feel bad once.

• 1 month later...
I just booked this cabin for our family of 5. Anyone used this cabin before? What did you think? FYI I am doing the Dec 26, 2016 sailing I paid $3545 for the 5 night cruise.

That's not a new years eve cruise, right.

Seems like a good price for 5 on a non holiday Dec voyage

We did 9200 for 2 passengers in May 2008 and it was $2,773. Included the dreaded fuel surcharge

We're in 8500 and I was able to find pictures and videos Googling it. I almost picked 8200 because it's bigger than 8200. But 8500 has doors separating the sleeping areas instead of curtains. So we chose 8500 for more privacy.

That's not a new years eve cruise, right.

Seems like a good price for 5 on a non holiday Dec voyage

We did 9200 for 2 passengers in May 2008 and it was $2,773. Included the dreaded fuel surcharge

No I gets back the 31st.

I'll bet that cabin is 7 grand for the next occupant. :eek:

Yeah probably so. This price and room worked out great for us. I was thinking I was going to get 2 connecting cabins. I was excited to see this as an option, I think it will be neat to see out the front of the ship as we cruise. I have done Aft before and enjoyed the views.

Now to decide if we are going to do Disney before or after the cruise or both. Not telling the kids until last day of school of Christmas break.

Looks like a huge cabin and nice for a family of 5. Good choice Wheresthesalt.

I hope so....I don't like feeling crammed in a motel size room. I hope the division of rooms will eliminate that feeling and possibly give me and DW some privacy.:rolleyes: