Aruba on Sunday

riviera

Thank you! I wonder if that means the trolley through town won't be running either? [emoji22] we aren't beach people so we enjoy strolling through the downtown area and having lunch. Thank you for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

On Easter, most things will be closed, although, I would imagine restaurants will be open...lots of folks go to "brunch" on Easter.

We have cruised twice over the Easter holiday, and I don't think we will do that again...so many DIY things are not operating!

Thank you! I wonder if that means the trolley through town won't be running either? [emoji22] we aren't beach people so we enjoy strolling through the downtown area and having lunch. Thank you for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The primary purpose of the trolley is to take tourists through the shopping area of Main St. Since the stores will be closed, I doubt that the trolley will be operating. You can still take a nice stroll along the harbor and the park, and have lunch.

We are going to be there on Easter Sunday. I wonder if anything will be going on.

Easter is a huge holiday in Aruba. The locals set up tents and camp all along the beaches, many for the week. There may be a few restaurants open downtown, but probably not many. Family and traditions are very important to their culture, much more than working or keeping their businesses open on a holiday. When we have been downtown on Carnival Sunday, we have had a hard time finding some place to eat.