Restaurant??

Beth

Absolutely go to Cafeteria Mallorca on 300 Calle San Francisco. Their pastries are incredible and inexpensive . We went there for breakfast and had a Mallorca sandwich with egg, ham and cheese. A Mallorca is kind of like sweet bread. Very good. It is not a tourist trap. You will see tourists and locals in there.

Another pastry shop is La Bombonara. Didn't have a chance to eat there. It was closed on Monday.

Did La Bombonara reopen? I thought they closed down permanently a couple of years ago.

But yes, Cafe Mallorca is a good spot to meet you son and family. another is cuartro Sombras on Calle Recintos and Calle Tanca closer to the cruise piers. You'll need to walk up Calle Tanca to Calle San Francisco to get to either Mallorca or La Bombonera.

Did La Bombonara reopen? I thought they closed down permanently a couple of years ago.

But yes, Cafe Mallorca is a good spot to meet you son and family. another is cuartro Sombras on Calle Recintos and Calle Tanca closer to the cruise piers. You'll need to walk up Calle Tanca to Calle San Francisco to get to either Mallorca or La Bombonera.

Yes...they certainly did reopen :D

Crewsweeeper,

You beat me to the response.

I was disappointed that La Bombonara was closed on Monday. I wanted to compare Mallorca's between the 2 restaurants. From what I have already eaten and heard, you can't go wrong at either place.

Crewsweeeper,

You beat me to the response.

I was disappointed that La Bombonara was closed on Monday. I wanted to compare Mallorca's between the 2 restaurants. From what I have already eaten and heard, you can't go wrong at either place.

Hmmm... interesting idea. Maybe split your party into two factions (or 3 if you want to try Cuartos) and get mallorcas to go from both spots and re-meet in that little plaza on Calle San Francisco between the two shops and try them out.