Upper/Lower Accommodations

NicoleCQ

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with an upper/lower interior cabin? My family of 4 is looking at a last minute cruise on Carnival Elation and the only options left are 2 cabins that are both guarantee interior with upper/lower accommodations. Would these be two Pullmans or one twin and one Pullman? Are these rooms they've kicked the crew out of for the week to sell to last minute passengers like me? jk but ahhh! :(

#ShouldHaveBookedEarlier

Thanks in advance!

Nicole

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with an upper/lower interior cabin? My family of 4 is looking at a last minute cruise on Carnival Elation and the only options left are 2 cabins that are both guarantee interior with upper/lower accommodations. Would these be two Pullmans or one twin and one Pullman? Are these rooms they've kicked the crew out of for the week to sell to last minute passengers like me? jk but ahhh! :(

#ShouldHaveBookedEarlier

Thanks in advance!

Nicole

I book the upper and lowers often to save on cost. They have all been one twin and one pull-man. The cabins are are quite roomy for one person, but two should be good. These are not crew cabins, you can find them available for booking when looking at deck plans. Hope you have a good trip.

your family of four is in one cabin or did you book 2 cabins?

If all 4 in one cabin your cabin will have two beds on the floor and two upper beds.

ti get the most from your space-- keep the lower beds on the floor UNDER the upper beds. Putting them together will take up all your floor space

Hi,

#ShouldHaveBookedEarlier

Thanks in advance!

Nicole

Upper/Lower cabins have one twin bed and one pullman. If you are choosing a guarantee rate (meaning you don't get to choose the specific cabin) just remember that one or both cabins may actually get upgraded, which could cause your 2 cabins to be in completely different areas of the ship.

If it is a guarantee, you only know what category you are booking. You would not know when booking whether you will get a category 1A, 4A, 4B, etc. Your actual cabin and category will be assigned by Carnival after you book. If you book an inside guarantee, you are guaranteed an inside category minimum. Who told you that you be assigned a 1A?

.....If you book an inside guarantee, you are guaranteed an inside category minimum. Who told you that you be assigned a 1A?

Hi,

The booking engine stated, in bold print, that I was booking two cabins with upper/lower accommodations. I ended up putting money down on a "waitlist"......If it's meant to be it'll happen and I'll get a call from sunny Florida telling me to come on down. :)

Thanks for your reply! :)

I've done these cabins twice. No problems whatsoever! I loved them in fact. Cheap and roomy because there is only 1 twin on the floor! My husband, slept in the Pullman, I would probably ask for an egg crate for the Pullman. He said it was just ok.

Good Luck! I almost always book a 1A (not by guarantee). A couple times with a upper and lower and sometimes a lower plus couch. I don't mind the couch as when we had a 6A (2 singles and couch) I had the couch. But every time I have booked a 1A we have gotten a call from the upgrade fairy. I had a friend who was a single in a 1A upper/lower and her room was the same size as our 4? with 2 lower.

Depending on your level - if they have any last minute cancellations of cabins they can't fill you will get a nice cabin.