Using OBC to pay the upcharge at Ocean Blue

But not if you make a reservation, right? Reservation requires payment, but obviously you can't use OBC before boarding.

Yes, this happened to me last March. I made a reservation at 90 days and thought the charge would just be backed out of my OBC. I was a little surprised to see a few days later that my credit card had been charged. I asked Anoop if there was anything he could do when I boarded, but because my OBC was non-refundable he didn't think there was anything I could do.

I'll give him credit, he tried, but at the end of the day I was not able to get a "refund" from my OBC for the reservation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ocean Blue is ala carte so reservation is free to make

Not if you have the SPD. I'm prompted to make a surcharge payment.

Also dumb question, but you can order multiple apps once you pay the surcharge, right? Are there any restrictions? If not don't see why everyone isn't ordering the stone crab claws and king crab legs.

Try this.

Book some other restaurants to use up your SDP credits. I assume you will want to book a couple of others anyway, but then book an additional one at Cagneys.

The system will then think you have used all your SDP credits up and it should (I've never done this, so may be wrong) assume you will be paying for Ocean Blue a la carte and therefore not charge you.

When you get onboard just cancel the extra Cagneys booking.

If you have the specialty package and want to pay the upcharge to use one of your nights at Ocean Blue, can you use OBC to cover that cost?

OBC can be used for anything on board except the DSC.