Vantage: "My Portfolio" problems...

pbnjrockette

If you are having problems with the "My Portfolio" page of their website--either linking to it or getting the messing "Unavailable due to Maintenance" PLEASE call them and report it!!

I just spoke to 'Natasha' thru the President's Club and she is putting in a ticket to the IT department to have it looked at. If there are more problems out there they need to know about it so it will be worked on!

If you are having problems with the "My Portfolio" page of their website--either linking to it or getting the messing "Unavailable due to Maintenance" PLEASE call them and report it!!

I just spoke to 'Natasha' thru the President's Club and she is putting in a ticket to the IT department to have it looked at. If there are more problems out there they need to know about it so it will be worked on!

I've always had issues with the website. If I really needed something I just wound up calling and talking to someone personally. I've also found that weekends are the worst for trying to do anything on the Vantage website.

I'd say my average of being able to find/do whatever it was I was looking to do on the website is about 40%, tops.

I don't think they know what's going on with anything but marketing and sales. Mine has never worked, OK, that's only about 2 weeks, but still . . .

I sent three emails and then made two calls. The one email I got in reply was so poorly written, I didn't really know what they were trying to say. My last call got the response that they "are working to update some tours."

I did finally get a paper invoice which is what I wanted. As far as I can tell, it's wrong but in my favor so I'm good with that. Now if/when my portfolio works I can double check it.

ETA: Shmoo is right, the website is just not very good

Edited by CPT Trips

I don't think they know what's going on with anything but marketing and sales. Mine has never worked, OK, that's only about 2 weeks, but still . . .

I sent three emails and then made two calls. The one email I got in reply was so poorly written, I didn't really know what they were trying to say. My last call got the response that they "are working to update some tours."

I did finally get a paper invoice which is what I wanted. As far as I can tell, it's wrong but in my favor so I'm good with that. Now if/when my portfolio works I can double check it.

ETA: Shmoo is right, the website is just not very good

I have to agree with you and Shmoo....all I can say is it used to be great. I could go to my portfolio and see immediately how many days to departure (helps when the snow is up to my knees); I could see my flight arrangements: airline, airports, departure and arrival times, flight time and seat assignment; I could look at a complete itinerary and click on extensions and optionals to see what was available; I could read a timeline that was very easy to read and understand and was marked (by Vantage) when something was completed, was due to be done or was over-due.....and there was a my trip booklet attached that was full of information for my trip. Mine is up and running.....now....but I had a heck of a time while they were "fixing" it....and after it was fixed they had dropped me from the President's Club and dropped the names of the people we're traveling with! It's all been fixed now, but I think everyone's point here is the same as the TM/concierge issue: if it wasn't broke, why did they mess with it until it was!

Here is the Vantage response to my question using "contact us." It came late this afternoon.

Thank you for contacting Vantage Deluxe World Travel.

Please be advised the maintenance we are currently working on is in regards to changing the cabin categories. This does effect many of our different 2016 tours which makes it a very tedious process.

This will not effect the cabin you selected at the point of sale, however it is the reason you do not see a cabin assignment on My Portfolio. We want the information shown on My Portfolio to correspond correctly with the information in our system. Once the maintenance is complete in every reservation we will start to re-assign the cabins.

Again, as this effects so many tours it is unfortunately taking much time. We appreciate your patience with this matter. If there is any information you seek, or have any other questions, please let us know

Edited by CPT Trips

Here is the Vantage response to my question using "contact us." It came late this afternoon.

I hate to be a nitpicker, but why couldn't they have posted that on their web page or when you opened my portfolio? Does that make sense?

That isn't nitpicking.

Maintenance for weeks is, . . . the words I want to use are unacceptable on this board so I'll just say, . . . unacceptable. I'll be off the grid for a while, so I guess I'll just wait and see if it's up when I reconnect.

Who does a system change that puts a customer service portal down for such a length of time?

I'm finding it more than annoying especially when I look at my page and under "Trip information unavailable due to Maintenance" I see my trip listed as 'Portugal and the Douro River wine country with Barce Lona'. Seriously... BARCE LONA ???

I'm finding it more than annoying especially when I look at my page and under "Trip information unavailable due to Maintenance" I see my trip listed as 'Portugal and the Douro River wine country with Barce Lona'. Seriously... BARCE LONA ???

O.M.G.....:D..... but it isn't really funny, is it?

"Thank you for contacting Vantage Deluxe World Travel.

Please be advised the maintenance we are currently working on is in regards to changing the cabin categories. This does
effect
many of our different 2016 tours which makes it a very tedious process.

This will not
effect
the cabin you selected at the point of sale, however it is the reason you do not see a cabin assignment on My Portfolio. We want the information shown on My Portfolio to correspond correctly with the information in our system. Once the maintenance is complete in every reservation we will start to re-assign the cabins.

Again, as this
effects
so many tours it is unfortunately taking much time. We appreciate your patience with this matter. If there is any information you seek, or have any other questions, please let us know"

Don't these people know English? At least they err consistently!

My gripe with the web site is they don't keep it up to date. When we booked Basel/Amsterdam trip a year ago, the map and the itinerary said Basel was the arrival city. We scheduled our own air and paid Vantage $100pp for the transfer. When we called this spring with our flight times, they said "you've been misinformed, arrival city is Basel." Only a few months ago did the itinerary change on the web site. And even to this day the map continues to show Zurich as the arrival city!

I got the same email after sending an inquiry with the same "effect" errors. Problem is I don't give a bloody hoot about the CABIN assignment. I want to see my INVOICE to see how many errors they've made on it and cannot access it either because of their ridiculous maintenance. I called and told them that other cruise lines are running circles around them with their websites!!!

I got the same email after sending an inquiry with the same "effect" errors. Problem is I don't give a bloody hoot about the CABIN assignment. I want to see my INVOICE to see how many errors they've made on it and cannot access it either because of their ridiculous maintenance. I called and told them that other cruise lines are running circles around them with their websites!!!

We have a feature in the sticky at the top about which ocean cruise line matches each river cruise line. So I guess Celebrity must match Vantage, as both websites are the subject of constant complaints. :D

We have a feature in the sticky at the top about which ocean cruise line matches each river cruise line. So I guess Celebrity must match Vantage, as both websites are the subject of constant complaints. :D

Hmmmm...I do most of my trips with either Vantage or Celebrity, I find Celebrity runs rings around Vantage when it comes to website problems....

Jazz, we're on the Eclipse in March, 2016 for "Exotic Southern Caribbean" I have a question for you: On the Infinity there was a small health food cafe/kiosk just inside the Spa/Fitness area where we could get egg white omelets cooked to order for b'fast and wonderful DIY salads and fruit plates at lunch. I've combed all over the Eclipse looking for the same type of place and can't find one...but then the one on Infinity wasn't on the deck plan either. Do you know if they have one? and if so where it's located (roughly, if I know it's there, I'll find it!)

Hmmmm...I do most of my trips with either Vantage or Celebrity, I find Celebrity runs rings around Vantage when it comes to website problems....

Jazz, we're on the Eclipse in March, 2016 for "Exotic Southern Caribbean" I have a question for you: On the Infinity there was a small health food cafe/kiosk just inside the Spa/Fitness area where we could get egg white omelets cooked to order for b'fast and wonderful DIY salads and fruit plates at lunch. I've combed all over the Eclipse looking for the same type of place and can't find one...but then the one on Infinity wasn't on the deck plan either. Do you know if they have one? and if so where it's located (roughly, if I know it's there, I'll find it!)

Sorry, I don't do spas or health food! Although Celebrity seemed to be pushing me that way by making terrible Eggs Benedict! [Other than that, the food was great.]

Maybe when I get on board and get a map of the ship I'll find it, thanks anyway...I don't do spas either, but I like a primarily plant based diet....I know eggs don't grow on trees!!!! :D

The yolk is on you . . . :p

eggplantscomp_EF32D7AEC36DE.jpg

The yolk is on you . . . :p

eggplantscomp_EF32D7AEC36DE.jpg

LOL!!!

I have them growing in my backyard!!! In fact last year I had so many that friends and neighbors were running when they saw me coming!!! I LOVE eggplant and when we visited Greece I ate it in so many delicious forms that I bought a Greek cook book! :D

Edited by Hydrokitty

LOL!!!

I have them growing in my backyard!!! In fact last year I had so many that friends and neighbors were running when they saw me coming!!! I LOVE eggplant and when we visited Greece I ate it in so many delicious forms that I bought a Greek cook book! :D

DW used to love Eggplant Parmesan, but now she's off tomatoes. Do you have a recipe that she might like? [see my email in signature -- TIA]

• 4 weeks later...

Just a post to say that "My Portfolio" worked for me today. I have to say that it had a lot of good info and is easy to navigate. Here's hoping that Vantage management devotes the resources to it to keep it functions, at least for 435 more days. ;)