Free wifi

dam64

At the cruise port, I think the restaurant across from the pool has free wifi. Maybe Senor Frogs too. Along the malecon in Mahahual there are several places, you'll need to ask at each. If they don't, move on tot he next one. Try Tropicante or Pez Quadro then Nacional Beach Club.

The last time we were there, we got free Wi-Fi at Diamonds International. I just walked up to one of the employees, and they gave me the password. It's on the right, at the end of the pier, as you enter the shops area.....jonathan

Just returned from Costa Maya (March13th) Senor Frogs and Carlos and Charlies do not offer free WiFi. Diamonds International was the only one offering free WiFi (would not give me password unless I was serious about shopping there) No WiFi at Chacchoben ruins either.

The part of town where the port is located has very limited internet and few businesses can even get it inside the port. All want it but the phone company can't provide it. It is an issue with the size of the line coming into the remote area of Costa Maya. The downtown beach area, where the original telephone infrastructure was located, has much more service and about half the businesses there offer free wifi, as long as you buy some food or drinks from them. There is one internet cafe in town, located in the residential area, about a 10 minute walk from the port.

Just returned from Costa Maya (March13th) Senor Frogs and Carlos and Charlies do not offer free WiFi. Diamonds International was the only one offering free WiFi (would not give me password unless I was serious about shopping there) No WiFi at Chacchoben ruins either.

Why would you expect WiFi at a ruins site that's out in the "middle of nowhere"?

The part of town where the port is located has very limited internet and few businesses can even get it inside the port. All want it but the phone company can't provide it. It is an issue with the size of the line coming into the remote area of Costa Maya. The downtown beach area, where the original telephone infrastructure was located, has much more service and about half the businesses there offer free wifi, as long as you buy some food or drinks from them. There is one internet cafe in town, located in the residential area, about a 10 minute walk from the port.

Thanks. Knew about the places in Mahahual, but thought there was more set up at the cruise port than just D.I.