**Elation Questions**

justusfour2014

So, we (my family) went on our first cruise with Carnival in March on the Fascination. Despite HMC being cancelled, we enjoyed ourselves. I honestly can't believe I didn't do this sooner.

That being said, we just booked our second cruise for October on the Elation out of NOLA. Hubby and I have been to NOLA but kids haven't, so that should be interesting. I read somewhere on here that the Elation was being dry docked in late September. I also noticed when booking certain dates in September and October were not available.

Does anyone know what is going to happen, or planned, during Elation's dry dock? What little pictures I have seen of the cabins on here -- they look really outdated compared to Fascination. I know the Fascination has had all the upgrades but I wonder if the staterooms changed during those dry docks. Just wondering. . .

Thanks for any replies!

The cabins on Elation look about the same as most of the cabins I have been in.

They really are okay as is, so any sprucing up will just be gravy for you.

Really, the only place I can see that really needs upgrading is the pool area on Elation.

I am booked for my sixth cruise on Elation soon.

Elation seems to follow me around.:)

It is a pretty ship.

And fairly easy to get around.

The cabins on Elation look about the same as most of the cabins I have been in.

They really are okay as is, so any sprucing up will just be gravy for you.

Really, the only place I can see that really needs upgrading is the pool area on Elation.

I am booked for my sixth cruise on Elation soon.

Elation seems to follow me around.:)

It is a pretty ship.

And fairly easy to get around.

I thought Fascination's layout was easy to navigate, so I imagine Elation will be as well. My kids didn't care for the "waterworks," and would have preferred more pools. Oh well, no biggie.

Cruising any day is better than a day in the office!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Forums mobile app

Hey Z Family! When are you guys going in October?? My PVP told me dry dock will be done 9/25-10/9, but her system didn't show any notes for what was going to be done :confused:

First, stupid question, PVP? We are booked on the October 13th sailing. It will be the second cruise sailing after dry dock.

I also love the ELation and will be taking my 8th cruise and 5th one on the Elation in June. I think the ship could use an upgrade at the back of the ship where the small pool and hot tub are. That is my only complaint about Elation. It is a nice ship, showing a little age but I think it just gives her more character. Easy to get around on-not too small, not too large IMHO.

I enjoy my cruises on the Elation and I have no complaints about the ship. It is very easy to navigate! I am looking forward to the upgrades...I would love to have the water park on the back of the ship! I rarely use the pools because they are so small and get crowded quickly. The water park is a quick way to cool off.

I enjoy my cruises on the Elation and I have no complaints about the ship. It is very easy to navigate! I am looking forward to the upgrades...I would love to have the water park on the back of the ship! I rarely use the pools because they are so small and get crowded quickly. The water park is a quick way to cool off.

Definitely a water park would be great. I enjoy just standing in those spray jets or under the buckets to cool off :D

We just sailed Elation in Jan, and since we live near NOLA, we have been on her several times. I enjoyed the atmosphere, people were nice (GUESTS AND CREW), and it was just the right size for us. We had one issue, with 'Pearl' on the entertainment staff, but we reported and moved on. Without exception, everyone else made us feel warmly welcome and valued!

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 3

Definitely a water park would be great. I enjoy just standing in those spray jets or under the buckets to cool off :D

I agree!!!! I have never been in ANY of the Carnival pools, but absolutely LOVE the Waterworks on the Breeze. I just wait for the big bucket, and stand close by. It does the job. But, MAN, you need to watch out for those little unsuspecting shooters, with their water guns. They get me EVERY time.:o:o Last year, DH got in on the action and started shooting them back. Fun times..........

We do like to enjoy the hot tubs, when there are no kids in them.:D:D:D

Me & my family will be on the ship too... We will be going down on the 12th and staying the night in New Orleans ... We can't wait we only have 183 days left.!!.!.!.;) lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Oh yay! We haven't decided if we are driving down Saturday or Sunday yet. Still have 180'ish days to decide!lol

Where are you staying in NOLA? I haven't researched anything yet.

Edited by justusfour2014

Not sure I have a few places I'm looking at.. But the price keeps going up :( so I'm not sure if we want to stay downtown,la or in Metairie,la where the price is a little better and just take a taxi downtown to bourbon st. And the river walk ..

Not sure I have a few places I'm looking at.. But the price keeps going up :( so I'm not sure if we want to stay downtown,la or in Metairie,la where the price is a little better and just take a taxi downtown to bourbon st. And the river walk ..

I was looking today for park and cruise packages. That's what we did in March on Spring Break when we went on the Fascination out of Jacksonville. I hope I can find somegthing similar. The prices today didn't look too bad, but I was just "looking" and not "really researching" it.

Elation was my first Carnival ship. I like the Elation a lot. The cabins are going to be the same as the Fascination. My only minor complaint about the Elation is that she doesn't have the "water works" area for my kids. I also thought the Elation was by far the UGLIEST ship I have been on. But other then that I had a great time and you will too.

So I was really researching tonight and hotels are booked up in October. So I google WTH is going on in NOLA in October -- apparently there is a German festival every weekend and most hotels are requiring a 3 night stay. This total blows!! I wanted to drive down Saturday and take the kids to see the French Quarter on Sunday before we board on the Monday.:(

Edited by justusfour2014

The hotels will open booking once it gets closer if they don't sell out. It's very possible you'll be able to find a hotel. Be sure to check Hotwire...might save you some $

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk