Larry Answer's More CC Live Questions!

Larry Pimentel

Greg

Q: Why are ship's shore excursions so much more expensive than similar third-party offerings? [This is not a dig at Azamara -- some cruise lines are far worse.]

A: Over the past year and a half we have gone through a very detailed examination of our Land Tour programs. What we have done is created specific unique tours for each of our brands to fit the guest demographic of each. You would not necessarily offer the same tour to a Royal Caribbean guest that you would a Azamara guest. By doing this we have created specific exclusive land tour programs that highlight the essence of who we are: the new Insider Access, Nights and Cool Places and the up coming Cruise Global Eat Local. These programs are priced at the value of the experience, while other tour operators might be priced less, the experience will not stand up to our quality of product & delivery. In fact, you can not easily purchase what we offer from a third party operator. Please ask the tour operator to book a night program that Azamara offers and you will here silence! Guests come to Azamara Club Cruises because of our longer stays, more over nights, and night touring. We have the most extensive destination offering. In 2015 we visit 62 countries, and 203 ports. In 2016, we visit 70 countries and 204 ports. We travel deeper into local life. As a matter of fact, our largest growth base consists of clients/guests who have never been on a ship and they are coming because of our unique destination deliverable. Finally, our ships will wait for guests on our tours. Guests who take others tours and are not back when the vessel is to depart... run a risk. LP

Thank You All - Larry

While I appreciate that they organize tours for a whole ship, I find that ship tours are far too large and therefore lose exclusive unique feel. Perhaps Azamara, as part of its luxury experience could have tours with maximum sizes of say 16 people per tour.

While I appreciate that they organize tours for a whole ship, I find that ship tours are far too large and therefore lose exclusive unique feel. Perhaps Azamara, as part of its luxury experience could have tours with maximum sizes of say 16 people per tour.

When we were on an Oceania R ship in 2011 they tried that. We booked the small-size Provence hilltop villages tour, which wasn't that much more expensive than the big-bus version. But not enough others did so they cancelled it. [but Oceania cancelled other excursions on that trip too, including the regular Amalfi Coast excursion. I think their super-high excursion prices are actually costing them money.]

There are quite a few that do now, the Insider Access trips often have a size limit of 12 or less. It looks like there are visits with artists and cookery schools included - you can see them on the website

thanks guys for the responses. I love ancient history and love going to all the archaeological sites, but find that with the larger groups the experience is not as great. This cruise we are trying private excursions for the first time with the hope to enrich our experiences; i is not the money, but the experience that is important. With that said I am not willing to pay over the top of a more intimate ship excursion.

Sabrina

Sabbycat and Others,

Over the last year we have made a concerted effort to provide small, unique, bespoke land tours that highlight our brand essence. In doing so, we now offer Insider Access and Nights & Cool Places. Both programs are 6 - 10 guests per offering. Shortly we will be launching a third exclusive program, Cruise Global. Eat Local. These are truly amazing experiences and highly recommended.

Please review the tour programs on the link below =

Insider Access -

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/explore-on-shore/insider-access

Nights & Cool Places -

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/explore-on-shore/nights-and-cool-places

Thank you, Azamara