Flights to/From EWR/LGA /JFK

Misty_Que

I have a few questions:

We are planning to fly into EWR the night before our cruise on October 16. The cruise returns on October 22 and we plan to spend the weekend in NYC sightseeing.

Recommended transportation to get from Cape Liberty to NYC hotel?

Which airport would be the best to fly out of on Sunday - LGA, JFK or EWR? I am using travel miles so cost doesn't matter. Just wondering which airport would be best traffic/shuttle cost wise.

Are there any recommended hotels that offer airport shuttles nearby central park?

If not can anyone recommend if shuttle or taxi is best to get to the airport.

Thank you for any and all help.

From Cape Liberty to Manhattan take a car service such as

Carmel http://www.carmellimo.com

Dial 7 http://www.dial7.com

Hotels in Manhattan don't offer airport shuttle service.

LGA is the closest airport to Manhattan, and the transportation cost from your hotel to the airport via either taxi or car service will be the least expensive...about $35 - $40 plus tolls and tip.

Edited by njhorseman

JFK is the fastest and cheapest when taking public transit. If staying in Mahhattan take the subway or walk to Penn Station; Take the Long Island Railway to Jamaica Station, Then the airtrain to JFK. Including subway for to Penn Station, this will cost you about $30 total ( for two people), Cheaper than a taxi and much faster, Of course you have to be able to handle your own luggage. If you have a lot of luggage, you will need to look into a shuttle (takes forever) or a taxi or car (pricey). If you are taking a taxi, it probably doesn't matter as much which airport you are going to.

simplelife, JFK is not the cheapest; the subway/AirTrain combo costs $7.75 per person; the LIRR is even more. From Manhattan to LGA, the subway/Q70 bus costs $2.75 per person.

I'd pick whichever airport offered non-stop flights.

No Manhattan hotels offer shuttles to any airport.

Thank you for the replies. I have since booked our return flight leaving from EWR as they had the best options. But I have now found the exact same flight route and time leaving from JFK. Wondering now if I should change it :confused: Would leaving from JFK be more convenient seeing we will be staying in Manhattan? We will not be taking public transportation to the airport as I am unable to handle my luggage. I will book a car service or just use Super Shuttle.

Edited by Misty_Que

Don't change the flight. It will be too expensive. EWR is not inconvenient. None of them really are.

As a Jersey girl I drive everywhere but last Spring had to take public transportation to JFK. I couldn't drive based on the time of day (rush hour -- couldn't leave earlier because we were being sent from EWR to JFK to make a flight for a funeral when our original flight was canceled due to weather); I never would have made it. I was thrilled at how easy / well marked it was even with a big suitcase. So it's all do-able.

Enjoy your post cruise trip to Manhattan. If you want convenient, book a car to EWR. If you want to save money go to New York Penn Station or the Path on 34th street & take a NJ transit train or PATH (path is cheaper but has fewer seats) to NJ Penn Station. Walk outside & grab a cab or an Airlink bus to the AP.