Ft Lauderdale Beaches facilities

madiaka

We are cruising in June next year and have 2 days pre and post in Ft Lauderdale. If we don't stay at a hotel with beach access (a short walk across the street etc), where is the best place to go to the beach and have access to bathrooms etc? We're traveling with a 5 year old and he has to go often and quickly.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm not from Fort Lauderdale, thus not aware of other beaches. However, we did wander around Fort Lauderdale Beach Park and it appeared to be very nice. If you do not book accommodations in that immediate area, have you considered any of the hotels on SE 17th Street? It would be a bit of a hike, but there is the Trolley and a city bus that goes to and from the beach.

Have a wonderful trip,

Betty

We are cruising in June next year and have 2 days pre and post in Ft Lauderdale. If we don't stay at a hotel with beach access (a short walk across the street etc), where is the best place to go to the beach and have access to bathrooms etc? We're traveling with a 5 year old and he has to go often and quickly.

Thanks

Lauderdale By the Sea - Any of the merchants will be more than happy to allow you and your child to use their restrooms

http://www.lbts.com/

Lauderdale By the Sea - Any of the merchants will be more than happy to allow you and your child to use their restrooms

http://www.lbts.com/

I live in LBTS and many of the restaurant staff do not like beach goers to use their facilities; the staff give people stink eye :) But, people go into Aruba, Mulligan's, and 101 anyway to use their facilities.

There are public restrooms behind Town Hall on Bougainvilla Dr, yet they are a far walk from the water. The town is building new public restrooms on El Mar Drive, 1/2 block south of Commercial Blvd, to accommodate the beach goers and town visitors. The building should be completed in the next month or so.

Thanks for the suggestions. I was thinking of switching to a hotel across the street from the beach to make it easier. But I really like the pics, reviews and rooms at the Residence Inn Intracoastal so I'm weighing my options about beach access. The cost is good and in suite laundry really helps. Clean clothes to start the cruise and before going home post cruise.

Thanks for the suggestions. I was thinking of switching to a hotel across the street from the beach to make it easier. But I really like the pics, reviews and rooms at the Residence Inn Intracoastal so I'm weighing my options about beach access. The cost is good and in suite laundry really helps. Clean clothes to start the cruise and before going home post cruise.

That hotel is in a great location. There is beach access on Oakland Park Blvd, just 2-3 blocks away. Lots of restaurants to walk to, and you can also get the water taxi from Bokamper's, just next to the hotel.

That hotel is in a great location. There is beach access on Oakland Park Blvd, just 2-3 blocks away. Lots of restaurants to walk to, and you can also get the water taxi from Bokamper's, just next to the hotel.

That's what I thought. It looks really nice and I'm trying to stay with Marriott for points. My other option was Marriott Beach Place but it costs about $80 more per night to get the same amenities (in suite laundry) and has inconsistent reviews.

I know laundry doesn't sound important but I prefer it with a young child. RCCL doesn't have self serve laundry, so cleaning two or 3 days worth of outfits before boarding helps.

That's what I thought. It looks really nice and I'm trying to stay with Marriott for points. My other option was Marriott Beach Place but it costs about $80 more per night to get the same amenities (in suite laundry) and has inconsistent reviews.

I know laundry doesn't sound important but I prefer it with a young child. RCCL doesn't have self serve laundry, so cleaning two or 3 days worth of outfits before boarding helps.

What about the Courtyard?

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/fllco-courtyard-fort-lauderdale-beach/

Thanks. That's an option - if the price drops. Right now it's more than Residence Inn for just a basic room but I might switch if I really want to be across from the beach. It's a trade off for us. Do we want a better room or be closer to the beach. That's why I was asking about facilities. We're visiting beaches on the cruise so I might rather shop, eat and just tour Ft Lauderdale since I've never stayed there before. Always Miami.

We visited south beach last spring and it was an issue to find a close bathroom since we stayed in mid beach. But, we enjoyed mid beach and just went back and forth to facilities in the hotel when necessary since it had boardwalk access to the pool.

The Residence Inn rooms are really nice and it includes breakfast.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Being from Ohio it's nice to see the beach. But, with a young child the convenience of a kitchen/laundry and free breakfast helps.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Being from Ohio it's nice to see the beach. But, with a young child the convenience of a kitchen/laundry and free breakfast helps.

The Residence Inn is nice and I usually vote for a kitchen and breakfast and laundry is a big plus.

The Courtyard has a great location surrounded by a number of good restaurants and going back and forth to the beach is not as much of a journey or production. It comes down to what you will benefit the most from.

The Residence Inn is nice and I usually vote for a kitchen and breakfast and laundry is a big plus.

The Courtyard has a great location surrounded by a number of good restaurants and going back and forth to the beach is not as much of a journey or production. It comes down to what you will benefit the most from.

Thanks. Gives me an idea. Courtyard pre-cruise and RI post cruise. Beach day before cruise and relax in hotel, shop and wash clothes afterwards. With my luck it'll rain. But, oh well. Thanks everyone.