Tampa Info

Happy2cruise

I'm wondering which is the better option, Rocky Point (Hampton Inn or one of those) or Embassy Suites? There are 4 of us. We are flying in, so need transport from the airport, and then transport to the cruise port. I would also like some kind of store within walking distance where I can pick up a 12 pack of pop and last minute stuff.

Thanks!

Both options will work, but the ES near the port does not offer an airport shuttle, so you'll need a mini-van taxi for about $25+tip to get to the hotel. A short walk or cab ride the next day will get you to the port.

I booked the Hampton Inn Ybor City. I will have to take a cab from the airport which is $25 flat fee. Free shuttle to the cruise port. The hotel has free wifi and breakfast as well as a pool. Great location with many dining options within walking distance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We recently discovered a transportation service from the beaches to the airport but they will also take to the port. Ralph's Limo has town cars in addition to SUV's, very clean, polite and funny. It is Ralph and his grandson Chris and the number are 727-596-9625. For us to go to the airport from the beach was $50 each way.

Ok so hubby is thinking he might want to drive rather then fly to Tampa now, and I already have a hotel booked. Is it better to leave our car at port or find a hotel that will allow us to keep it there for 5 days while on cruise? Would that be cheaper ? Never been out of Tampa port so not sure the cost per day to leave a vehicle vs at a hotel? Thoughts if you have experience doing this. Thanks

Has anyone been at the Hampton Inn Westshore? It is between that and Embassy Suites Westshore. It looks like they both have airport shuttles, but $100 difference! Does Hampton have a shuttle to the port? I believe that ES does, for $10/person. Are there any stores or restaurants nearby or that they will shuttle us to?

TIA!

Westshore is the area near the TPA airport - there is a shopping mall nearby as well as many hotels and dining options. Your best bet is to plug the hotel address into google maps and see what is nearby.

Taxi to the port, if a shuttle is not included will run about $20 -- Uber will be closer to $12+