Tour Miami South Beach and Dash

happy cruiser1234

Hello, We are getting off our cruise on December 24th in FLL and renting a car. Although we have a hotel booked for the 24th in FLL we would like to see Miami South Beach and go to the Kardashian store. (Two teenage daughters:))

Can someone please give advice as to where to park and a fun place for lunch along the beach? We would like to be back in Fort Lauderdale by 3-4pm. Is this even possible?

tia

Serena

Hello, We are getting off our cruise on December 24th in FLL and renting a car. Although we have a hotel booked for the 24th in FLL we would like to see Miami South Beach and go to the Kardashian store. (Two teenage daughters:))

Can someone please give advice as to where to park and a fun place for lunch along the beach? We would like to be back in Fort Lauderdale by 3-4pm. Is this even possible?

tia

Serena

Lunch at News Cafe, Front Porch, or Havana 1957 otherwise the other places on Ocean Drive are rip offs. They'll charge you $20 for a coke with no free refills. Don't go in no matter what kind of deals they say they have.

As far as Dash, I didn't realize it was still open. Very small and VERY expensive. It's on Collins somewhere north of 5th but before 7th. Jeans over $200.

If you want to see South Beach, why don't you just stay there instead of Fort Lauderdale.

Lunch at News Cafe, Front Porch, or Havana 1957 otherwise the other places on Ocean Drive are rip offs. They'll charge you $20 for a coke with no free refills. Don't go in no matter what kind of deals they say they have.

As far as Dash, I didn't realize it was still open. Very small and VERY expensive. It's on Collins somewhere north of 5th but before 7th. Jeans over $200.

If you want to see South Beach, why don't you just stay there instead of Fort Lauderdale.

We've been to FLL beach many times and we are coming back in March. This December will be the first time we will have rented a car so we wanted to see something different. Plus my kids have always wanted to go to Dash, I was thinking maybe they could buy a Dash T-shirt. (something under $50) We might just decide to go to Hollywood Beach as we've not been there either.

Thanks for the restaurant recommendations!

There are tons of parking lots around the area. The public lots are the cheapest. So parking should not be a big issue. I agree with the above poster on where to eat. Havana 1957 is pretty good for Cuban food, even with its tourist flair. Also, if you want to check out something a bit more well known for Miami you could check out Yardbird on Lincoln Road. After checking out Dash and Ocean Drive I would recommend taking a walk along Lincoln Road too. There is a public parking garage that is $1.00 an hour right near it. Its on 17th street near the Macy's.

Not sure what the rush is to get back to the hotel, but traffic should be fine on a Saturday. I recommend taking A1A all the way up until you are forced to go west near the port. Or take A1A all the way down. Its a nice drive.

Public parking locations in South Beach: http://web.miamibeachfl.gov/parking/....aspx?id=30958.

Fee schedule for street and lot parking: http://web.miamibeachfl.gov/parking/....aspx?id=30992. Click "For Garage Fees" at the bottom of that page for the price for parking at each public garage.

not sure what the rush is to get back to the hotel, but traffic should be fine on a saturday. I recommend taking a1a all the way up until you are forced to go west near the port. Or take a1a all the way down. Its a nice drive.

Do not pay any heed to this person! A1A is NOT a "nice drive."

Edited by Lido_Deck

Do not pay any heed to this person! A1A is NOT a "nice drive."

Why? For someone who is not from the area they may enjoy seeing all the condos and hotels on the beach driving over several bridges etc.. It sure beats boring I-95 going up North, especially if you are on I-95 in the afternoon going North.

Why? For someone who is not from the area they may enjoy seeing all the condos and hotels on the beach driving over several bridges etc.. It sure beats boring I-95 going up North, especially if you are on I-95 in the afternoon going North.

Not if you want to get there in less than two hours and not stop at every red light. You can see tall buildings compacted together blocking your view anywhere, any day.