Cave Tubing - Are you always connected?

scrappycat2

Thinking about cave tubing/ruins excursion in November.

Are all tubing excursions ones where you have to stay connected to others?

I'll be on Royal Caribbean, but may do private excursion instead.

I heard the ruins are far. Are they worth it?

Thanks. :)

The ruins are worth it, if you have never been to a ruin. Altun Ha and Xunantunich were amazing. We booked thru Carnival and did a price match both times.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

We have been both ways, connected by rope and by our feet. The ruins are a hike. And book independently , it's cheaper and much less crowded. We use Dennis from explore Belize dot com. And we add in the zipline. It's excellent. They also carry the tubes down to the river for you which is a huge perk, a 20 minute hike with a Tube stinks , especially if you have kids and their tubes to wrangle.

We just got on Sunday from our cruise and had used Belize Jungle Trek booked through a third party site, but it looks like you can book it directly also. They were individual rafts and you used rafting paddles to move through the water yourself. We were not tied together. It seemed more enjoyable and a little more of a work out than those tied together. The owner, Jovan, was a sweetheart and so was another guide that was on our tour. It was a lot of fun. There was a small hike through the jungle (15 or 20 minutes) and through three parts of the river, but was doable. The air conditioning on the bus was great and we made it back in plenty of time to go shopping. Highly recommended.