Best time for steakhouse reservation so we don't miss shows?

NOLAbebe

Hey, y'all! I was wondering if anyone knew what a good time for steakhouse reservations would be on the first night of a 7-day cruise? We heard that dining can take a while, and we were hoping to also catch some kind of entertainment after dinner. Any thoughts from previous cruisers? Is 7:30 too late? I can't seem to find anything online that lists the times of comedy/music/other shows held in the evening on the Dream.

Thanks! We appreciate it!

The steak house experience will last 1 1/2 to 2 hours. On the 1st night there's one welcome aboard show at 7:30 you would miss but there was one late comedy show on our 1st night at 11 you'd be able to make.

Edited by gregg204

My last cruise had a production show, Divas the first night at 7:30 and there was no Welcome Aboard "show". There was a Welcome Aboard Mardi Gras Party at 9:45pm.

The cruise before that had a Welcome Aboard Show at 7:30pm.

Both had comedy shows at 11pm or later. And there was other stuff going on, too.

You can't possibly see and do everything a cruise has to offer so pick and choose what interests you most, and maybe have a backup just in case.

Hmm whenever we have gone dinner takes 2 2 1/2 hours. Welcome aboard show is usually 10-10 30.

2 - 2 1/2 hours for dinner? :eek: It would drive me crazy to have to sit at a table that long for dinner. If it took that long to get my food and eat, there would be NO tip.

2 1/2 hours is a bit long for the steakhouse. I think the longest we've ever been there is 1 1/2 hours or a tad more. It was the first night and not too many people in the restaurant so we talked, more than usual, with the service staff and had to have one appetiser returned because it was not gluten free. I had made it clear that I was Celiac when we came into the restaurant. It was just a simple error and was quickly corrected.

Take care,

Mike